IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
jerseysprintnut (Offline)
  #1 5/20/10 1:10 AM
Well its almost time for the great racing of USAC sprinters to head to PA and NJ. Anyone out there have a good Idea of who is coming east??? Spridge--HELP thanks in advance

Later, JERSEY
Kirk Spridgeon (Offline)
  #2 5/20/10 5:56 PM
Right now, we have about 18 committed to go (a couple have said they are in but have not filled out entry blanks yet).
There are still 5 or 6 who are on the fence. Hopefully, there will be a pretty definitive answer from them in the coming days, along with some other news regarding the Eastern Storm tour.
I'll have a list of who is signed up to go when the entry deadline gets here on May 25th. Looks like there will be a solid 20-22 going East this year, which is a good thing for you fans out East!
4 Likes: Dns_Miller, Fred Zirzow, nowingsjeff, Pine
jerseysprintnut (Offline)
  #3 5/20/10 11:48 PM
Kirk, thanks for your info.-- I now see on the Thunder on the hill site it has 19 cars entered w/one being from Jersey. (Not Billy Pauch)

Yes, it should be nice to see USAC again, as there are quite a few people happy to see them. And I won't have to fly out to see them run. New Egypt should be very interesting this year.

Later, JERSEY
berks co (Offline)
  #4 5/21/10 12:01 AM
Watching some PA Posse cars beat the WoO at the grove last week was very nice, I don't think a local will win a USAC race, I hope at least a few try. I think Steve Buckwalter could give em a good run.
Fred Zirzow (Offline)
  #5 5/24/10 8:23 PM
Anymore news yet?

Fred Zirzow
ked
  #6 5/24/10 8:40 PM
OKAY, so can I say that this just MADE MY DAY.... okay, scratch that.... MY WEEK!!! Of course, I'm kinda disappointed that it's during the week and we couldn't get a Saturday show in there... (NEXT year???) After moving back from Sprint car heaven (aka Indiana) in August I haven't been to a race since Eldora in September. I have to say, I've been deprived!!! I WILL make at least one of the races next week!! I'm even looking at how I can adjust my work schedule (I'm a sales rep) so that I can make it to the races on time. Hopefully I won't have to call out sick one day!
Of course all the tracks are at least 2 hours away but it's better than 10!
Now, if any of the teams want to bring my best friend with them, I'm sure you all know her! That would make me even happier!! See ya next week!
Kirk Spridgeon (Offline)
  #7 5/25/10 11:56 AM
So far, here's who has entered:
2B Bryan Clauson
4 Tracy Hines
5 Justin Grant
6 Bill Rose
7 Caleb Armstrong
11 Chris Windom
11w Ricky Williams
17 Shane Hmiel
17R Kyle Robbins
20 Levi Jones
54 Matt Westfall
67 Henry Clarke
69 Jerry Coons, Jr.
71 Damion Gardner
98 J.C. Bland

Also expecting entries from:
9 Russ Harper
14 Coleman Gulick
24 Landon Simon

Still waiting to hear about four more from out here, plus a possible ride for Dave Darland...

Also, cars from out East have entered:
15 Mark Bitner
17J Jonathan Swanson
67K Jeff Geiges

And locals Brent Marks and Steve Petry are expected to appear.
Other than that, it's still speculation on what other locals will shed wings. Sure would be cool to see Montieth run Lincoln!
3 Likes: AustinSprinter, Dirtfan, oldtimer
98arpy (Offline)
  #8 5/25/10 12:20 PM
Since they don't have a Saturday night show, there should be a bunch of cars at Waynesfield for the rescheduled "Road to the Jack Hewitt Classic" presented by Hoosier, series event.
I think it is paying $1,500 to win.
Gas City is running their rescheduled series event this Friday.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #9 5/25/10 1:08 PM
Originally Posted by 98arpy:
Since they don't have a Saturday night show, there should be a bunch of cars at Waynesfield for the rescheduled "Road to the Jack Hewitt Classic" presented by Hoosier, series event.
I think it is paying $1,500 to win.
Gas City is running their rescheduled series event this Friday.
Not sure that $1500 is gonna attract a bunch of USAC guys.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
petey (Offline)
  #10 5/25/10 1:26 PM
Hope a few of them can make it back for the KISS race at Haubstadt with all of the extra money that has been added to the purse.