IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Non-Wing @ 35?
1/13/14, 10:15 PM   #1
Non-Wing @ 35?
PatrickMead#13

Non-Wing Sprints @ 35 Raceway Park in 2014? And it's now reworked to a 1/4 mile high banked track? No more mini sprints as well? Just saw it on their Facebook post. Any more info on this?

2 members like this post: johnnythunderhead, stewart racing
1/14/14, 3:01 AM   #2
Re: Non-Wing @ 35?
johnnythunderhead
Banned

I suspect its one of the very few 1/4 mile dirt tracks anywhere in ohio, the only other one I can think of is brown county (I went to a l m race there years ago, when a usac sprint car race got cancelled at Florence, for ? reason/ the track was great, the grandstands was another story/ but it was a great experience, I remember telling the girl sitting next to me about sprint cars. she said she'd like to see them come to brown co. I told her no way the track is way too small for those high powered beasts, soon there after a l m nearly took out the flag stand, and she replied I see what you mean! that of course was before I ever had attended a sprint car race in Indiana and was unaware how small some of the tracks were/are. getting back on the subject matter now/ this is great news! I just checked raceway 35's site/ I saw that they did increase the size of the track to a long 1/4 mile semi-banked, but I saw nothing re. running n/w sprints? I'm certainly hoping they do, hopefully on fri. or sun. of course.
Last edited by johnnythunderhead; 1/14/14 at 3:17 AM.

1/14/14, 6:36 AM   #3
ScottShot

I hope that 35 Raceway schedules a few sprint car events this season. The last sprint car race I attended there was won by Kirk Jefferies. A grand total of 5 sprint cars singed in that June, 2012 evening! I plan on making the 20 minute drive over the the track and check out the new configuration this week.

1 member likes this post: johnnythunderhead
1/14/14, 9:27 AM   #4
larsonfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
I suspect its one of the very few 1/4 mile dirt tracks anywhere in ohio, the only other one I can think of is brown county (I went to a l m race there years ago, when a usac sprint car race got cancelled at Florence, for ? reason/ the track was great, the grandstands was another story/ but it was a great experience, I remember telling the girl sitting next to me about sprint cars. she said she'd like to see them come to brown co. I told her no way the track is way too small for those high powered beasts, soon there after a l m nearly took out the flag stand, and she replied I see what you mean! that of course was before I ever had attended a sprint car race in Indiana and was unaware how small some of the tracks were/are. getting back on the subject matter now/ this is great news! I just checked raceway 35's site/ I saw that they did increase the size of the track to a long 1/4 mile semi-banked, but I saw nothing re. running n/w sprints? I'm certainly hoping they do, hopefully on fri. or sun. of course.
Waynesfield Ohio is a quater mile track that runs weekly non wing sprints.

What night is 35 planning on running? I applaud them for doing this and hope it works out, but I also hope it doesn't take cars away from Waynesfield.

1/14/14, 9:29 AM   #5
larsonfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottShot View Post
I hope that 35 Raceway schedules a few sprint car events this season. The last sprint car race I attended there was won by Kirk Jefferies. A grand total of 5 sprint cars singed in that June, 2012 evening! I plan on making the 20 minute drive over the the track and check out the new configuration this week.
Scott, can you take a picture or two and post when you go over?

1/14/14, 9:39 AM   #6
WRP DK

Waynesfield is actually listed as a 1/3 mile but the plans when it was originally built were for it to be a 1/4 mile track. We average 35 non wing cars a week and we have a great bunch of drivers. Non Wing racing is alive and well in the Buckeye state. With the BOSS series and WRP both averaging nice car counts we know the cars are there. WRP is always willing to work with different tracks for special shows.

6 members like this post: EPSpeed, fish, johnnythunderhead, larsonfan, Mud Packer, Will Shunk
1/14/14, 10:50 AM   #7
MTS

they do have NONWING sprints in the 2014 rule page..

1/14/14, 5:29 PM   #8
PatrickMead#13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottShot View Post
Man.... You must be one of my neighbors....lol I'm up by Deer Creek State Park on Yankeetown. 35 is about 30minutes south of me. Small world is guess.

1/14/14, 5:31 PM   #9
PatrickMead#13

I found this out by looking up their mini sprint rules but was surprised to see sprint rules instead. I think they're running Saturday nights still.

1/14/14, 6:24 PM   #10
minisprint47

No mini sprints this year at 35, full size non wing only wish Tony would let us run because everybody abandon him last year for two other tracks one that is too big and the mini sprint races are boring as **** and the other just no cars there ethier.......So now were gonna have 4 tracks all within 120 miles of each other running full size sprints and two of them are non wing......too many tracks not enough cars and too big of egos to do whats right for the sport.......Just an opinion.....
Last edited by minisprint47; 1/16/14 at 6:37 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Non-Wing @ 35?