IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway closed Aug 6
8/3/11, 12:02 PM   #11
Re: Paragon Speedway closed Aug 6
TQ29m

I'd say a lot of things figure into it, not only the heat, and low turnouts. but most kids are going back to school, and that is a big factor on a budget, plus, what has had a lot of attention the past month, is the so called "budget crisis", which may just have been turned into a new can of worms, kinda like putting a wolf on, to guard the chicken house!!!!Bob!

1 member likes this post: skids59
8/3/11, 1:09 PM   #12
kcarm92

only guessing but with the fair going on and im sure some of his fans are going to b-ton 4 woo so he might lose a few more fans on saturday, he may have made a smart move jmo

2 members like this post: jim goerge, spicoli
8/3/11, 7:31 PM   #13
Gee2

Quote:
Originally Posted by butlergrafix View Post
I heard the fair was this weekend at Martinsville... so that might have a little to do with it. Im sure the fair would take away from some of the grandstand admissions and maybe a few from the pits. People can be mad for the decision but you cant blame him, i think bloomington takes fair week off also. Im sure it has been a rough year with all the rainouts at the beginning of the season... then only got a few shows in before it turned off 100.

on a side note, i was looking for a place to race this weekend and noticed brownstown also canceled this weekends racing...(maybe b/c of heat?)
Ya the Martinsville Morgan County fair is going on and the DEMO DERBY is Saturday night. The car count wuld be very low at Paragon because most will be taking their Street Stocks and Bombers and runnin them in the derby

8/3/11, 8:07 PM   #14
Torry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee2 View Post
Ya the Martinsville Morgan County fair is going on and the DEMO DERBY is Saturday night. The car count wuld be very low at Paragon because most will be taking their Street Stocks and Bombers and runnin them in the derby

Don't scoff. Learn. Adapt.

8/4/11, 5:52 AM   #15
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee2 View Post
They would probably win more money.

1 member likes this post: supdh56
8/4/11, 8:26 AM   #16
Johnjohnsonjr

:-)
Posted using Mobile Device

8/4/11, 9:47 AM   #17
racerdog45

seems simple to me, it's HIS track and HE knows what the situation is and is doing his best to make it work. Personally I'd rather a track shut down for a week or 2 or end the season early like Kokomo does rather than the track close for good...... maybe you don't like a certain track or promoter, doesn't mean everyone feels the same and ANY track closing for good is a bad bad thing.
Last edited by racerdog45; 8/4/11 at 9:53 AM. Reason: correct spelling

8/4/11, 6:27 PM   #18
K9Racer

Maybe he would have been better off just to say he was going to be closed this week and say nothing more? Then rumor conrol would be going ape sh&&t. As I have stated before, there are two race tracks for sale. Those that have all of this figured out have a perfect opportunity to show everyone how it REALLY SHOULD BE DONE.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, hairracer44, Mud Packer
8/4/11, 8:23 PM   #19
kingmod5

What is the other race track for sale?

8/4/11, 9:10 PM   #20
K9Racer

The former Kamp Speedway and Paragon

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway closed Aug 6