IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #11 6/28/13 9:00 PM
Originally Posted by CTtoPA:
Did he "retire" or "get out of the sport"? Just curious.

Posted via Mobile Device
What does that mean?
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #12 6/28/13 9:04 PM
I am not a mind reader but I can say I felt it was close. A loss for us but a huge win for his beatiful family. Levi is one heck of a dad and one of the best friends a guy could have, there will always be a bag of cookies at the trailer for you anytime you want them.

Best of luck my friend.

Jerry,Sarah,Paul,Josh and Sonny Spencer #66j
stida.com/HalfMoon/Colescotts Mobil-1
4 Likes: billwill7, davidm, IndyBound, ShamrockRacin'48G
CTtoPA (Offline)
  #13 6/28/13 9:09 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
What does that mean?
It was a reference to a post someone else made.

Posted via Mobile Device
SC12 (Offline)
  #14 6/29/13 11:03 AM
Not a surprise really. After seeing him win the Hoosier 100, I got a sense that he had accomplished much of what he had set out to in life, at at least was at peace with his career.

As he should be. Numerous sprint car titles, two dirt car titles and his name in the record books as a Hoosier 100 winner.

Rural King is the family business, if you've never been in one you're missing quite the store and Rural King continues to grow and expand, even in questionable economic times.

I wondered how long it would be before he had to make the choice between business and family, and the sport. Levi will be greatly missed by fans, promoters and his fellow racers.

Keep the free popcorn going, Levi.

Now we gotta get Rural King on the side of a car
4 Likes: Beal, billwill7, illiNOISE, Seadog
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #15 6/29/13 11:29 AM
I'm wondering when you'll be able to buy a riding lawnmower with a 410 in it.

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #16 6/29/13 1:31 PM
I just want to thank Levi for sharing his talent with us. He was great behind the wheel and a true ambassador for the sport.
He really had nothing left to prove , and left on his own terms. Great way to finish his career. I will miss him and the family at the track though. They truly are some of the nicest people I know.

Thanks Levi. You were fun to watch.
5 Likes: addictedtodirt, billwill7, DirtyD, Seadog, weirracing
a tall Short fan 36 (Offline)
  #17 6/30/13 12:49 AM
Awwwww man..... Who am i gonna boo now?
4 Likes: 5JMOFFATTFAN!, JackSam40, scottyCbus, supdh56
Hank P. (Offline)
  #18 6/30/13 4:07 PM
I've always liked Levi and will miss not being able to watch him race anymore. Best wishes to he, his family, and his business.
Offy22 (Offline)
  #19 7/1/13 9:05 PM
Damn, this is reall personal loss. Im really gonna miss him, his dad and the rest of his team & family when I get to a USAC show or other race that he would have raced. Time marches on and with it change.

Posted via Mobile Device
illinisprintfan (Offline)
  #20 7/2/13 8:43 AM
Originally Posted by a tall Short fan 36:
Awwwww man..... Who am i gonna boo now?
He did seem to have a "love/hate" relationship with the fans. Quite a few in the crowd booed him and quite a few cheered for him. Count me as part of the cheer crowd. When we first moved to the area there were three young on the gas drivers from right around our area: Levi from Olney, Matt Neeley from Robinson, and Jonathan Vennard from Vincennes. We became fans of all three and enjoyed watching them.
6 Likes: 3wide, billwill7, BrentTFunk, DirtyD, luckybuc97, MEAT