IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS dates at UNION COUNTY are Cancelled
8/13/08, 11:40 AM   #1
MSCS dates at UNION COUNTY are Cancelled
David Lynch

http://mscssprints.com/

8/13/08, 2:48 PM   #2
Re: MSCS dates at UNION COUNTY are Cancelled
Dyno Don

Maybe the USAC drivers got it right.

8/13/08, 2:59 PM   #3
D.O.

Maybe if they didn't have a rainout it would be different?
:dologob:

8/13/08, 3:09 PM   #4
Tony Barhorst

The track had all this bad publicity two weeks before the race.

No one in their right mind would go on with it. The facts are open wheel races have been held there, Allied Insurance approved the track last month, and they race weekly there this year.

Look for more open wheel racing there next year...right now this track is radioactive on open wheel racing.

Check out the Big Modified race there if you want to see for yourself:

http://www.unioncountyspeedway.com/

8/13/08, 4:06 PM   #5
KRJoyce1

Tony,
As I listened to your interview on Monday with D.O. You yourself said that the concerns/issues that were to be corrected at Union County by the track owner after Greg Stabb made his inspection, were not completed (as he said they had) as of last Thursday. Yes, you guys did bust butt to try and correct what you could that night. However, there are still safety concerns that need to be addressed, correct? I'm not sure who Allied has as an inspector, but if X amount of Owners/ Drivers, as well as Greg Stabb have safety concerns they want fixed, then I would trust thier opinion, and I would say MSCS does as well. For that reason, I would say they have every right to cancel those dates, until changes are made, and signed off on by USAC, and MSCS reps.

Lets have Union County focus on fixing the rebar, moving the poles, and the grader, and any other concerns that were listed, and lets "Go Racin" there in 2009:thumb.....More time and energy has been wasted on this board arguing about it, then is needed to fix the problems.......(but I realize people can gripe for free and the fix will take some $$)

The chances of a Modified gettin launched out of the park, compared to a Sprint or Midget are not even close, so the modified link you attached really doesn't compare does it?

Ken Joyce
KRJ Race Products

8/13/08, 8:55 PM   #6
raceway video

8/13/08, 9:17 PM   #7
Racin4Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceway video View Post

amen!

8/14/08, 6:02 AM   #8
Tony Barhorst

I think the MSCS race at Paduchah , KY had 16 to 18 cars, and we only had 20 at UCS last Thursday. Now how many do you think would show at the cancelled races listed above?

8/14/08, 7:45 AM   #9
illinisprintfan

The post about car counts is meaningless, and distracts from the central truth. The bottom line is that if UC wants sprints and midgets, then they will make the required safety changes. If they want to stay a track that is strictly mods and bombers, then they won't. No amount of complaining here will affect the owners decision. If he feels he is making enough $$$$, and the locals are satisfied by the present shows, then my guess is that he will keep the status quo. My inlaws are from that area, and honestly, they pull bigger crowds for flat drags and demo derbies around there than they do for circle track racing. :thumbsdown:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS dates at UNION COUNTY are Cancelled