IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Why we love speedway
5/27/17, 3:10 PM   #1
Why we love speedway
Backitin

Tomorrow morning I'll wake up to the Monaco GP. Most expensive tech. advanced racing there is. I'll be lucky if I can watch 10 minutes before I'm disgusted.
Next comes Indy, also tech advanced and very expensive. However at least with the Indy 500 I'm going to be watching most likely a epic race, inbetween chores.
Next up is Speedway. My boy will be one of the top 16 fastest D-1 riders in America, at least for tomorrow night. He's also competing on a machine that we have less then $5000.00 invested over the last few years. He'll be riding with my old leathers which are someone elses old leathers. We have no money or sponsors and we'll do the entire race night on $100.00 fuel and all. We still have last years crusty tires on the bike and will work on it for about a hour later tonight to have it ready. Not a whole lot to do. Setup ? not a whole lot. Your rider is mostly your setup. I'll also see incredible human drama, its right there cant miss it no bodywork, cages or such you see the man competing. There will be epic rides lasting 60 seconds or so, also epic crashes and destroyed bikes. We'll leave loving it, hopefully pretty much in one piece. We will also be wondering why anyone thinks they have to spend a fortune to race. The more people spend the crappier the racing is except for a well to do minority, that's a fact.
Have fun out there.

6 members like this post: dirt330, FishBurger, Hotrod, LB, motorhead748, oppweld
5/27/17, 8:29 PM   #2
motorhead748

Where is the race tomorrow?

5/28/17, 7:05 AM   #3
Re: Why we love speedway
Backitin

Champion Speedway in NY
Well it didn't take long at all for Monaco to stink it up, couple laps: in typical spread out parade.
Theres more action at the Indy 500 on any lap of the race then there is in a entire F-1 race.
Last edited by Backitin; 5/28/17 at 8:16 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Why we love speedway