IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
HARFprez (Offline)
  #11 10/2/21 5:15 PM
I also heard that the O'Connors will take over. Thanks to TEI for saving it all these years
12 Likes: Chief Wahoo, erich45, frank, Indy1808, interpreter66, ISF, oppweld, PJ Wright, sw1911, tirespinner, TNRustler, WinglessLovers
Josh Spencer (Offline)
  #12 10/2/21 9:29 PM
The O’Connors only do the track prep at the track. They DO NOT promote anything at Terre Haute. Hope this helps clear the air.

Josh Spencer

Originally Posted by moss158:
Word I heard was O’Conner Family.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97, openwheelfan1, tirespinner
miledirt (Offline)
  #13 10/3/21 6:53 AM
Originally Posted by Josh Spencer:
The O’Connors only do the track prep at the track. They DO NOT promote anything at Terre Haute. Hope this helps clear the air.

Josh Spencer
TEI not doing the promotion.... O'Connors only do prep

So who is promoting in '22
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #14 10/3/21 10:18 AM
I’m hoping that it stays the same, in that we’re just talking about a contract that has expired and just needs to be redone for 22 and beyond. Bob and crew have been doing a good job and I hope they continue. The last time I remember really being totally disappointed with it was a few years ago at a season opening Sumar race and it was blowing dust from the first car on the track. Regardless, I sure hope, if not TEI, someone steps up to keep the legendary facility alive and well for years to come
8 Likes: Dougherty20, Indy1808, ISF, jdull99, oppweld, PIT CART, ronmil, WinglessLovers
dctracy79 (Offline)
  #15 10/4/21 2:03 PM
Heard it is Spiker; Got the contract for '22
ronmil (Offline)
  #16 10/4/21 2:50 PM
If Joe Spiker continues, he will have as many tracks under his promotion as Bob Sargent!

Ron Miller
sjracer26 (Offline)
  #17 10/4/21 3:01 PM
From what I have heard is that it is a new group. Not TEI, not Spiker either. Rest assured the track is not going anywhere. Patience is key, all info will be released when the time is right.
5 Likes: dctracy79, flagboy55, oppweld, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
Rapid Rick (Offline)
  #18 10/4/21 8:56 PM
Having attended most USAC events at Action Track for over 50 yrs. I just hope the next promoter does as well. Not only track preparation, but I really appreciate keeping things moving as well. I can remember when this wasn't always the case.
9 Likes: bighd0522, EBookerFan, erich45, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Indy1808, rimrider69, sc17x, tirespinner
Joe Schaub (Offline)
  #19 10/7/21 6:44 PM
https://www.tribstar.com/sports/spor..._medium=social

Just here to read threads, enjoy racing and no drama.
2 Likes: chrismattlin, tirespinner
PIT CART (Offline)
  #20 10/7/21 7:29 PM
I think it’s strange that they will not say who’s the new promoter of the track yet.
2 Likes: chrismattlin, tirespinner