IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS work area
5/13/09, 9:46 PM   #1
MSCS now has a work area
MDW

MSCS had tried having no work area due to safety concerns at some tracks, we will always try to do things as safely as possible for everyone. This was told to the drivers at the mtg. Sat. night, but with all of our traveling racers in mind to have a fair chance, we will now have a work area in the A main only, starting at the MSCS show at Florence, KY this Sat. You will be able to use the work area ( same format as last year ) in the A main for the first half of the race. During the second half you will be allowed to pit but no laps will be given. Thanks for everyones support.

Reminder: Florence has a muffler rule.
Last edited by MDW; 5/13/09 at 10:11 PM.

5/13/09, 11:25 PM   #2
Re: MSCS work area
Motormasher

Good Mo, thats great news! Way to go!

5/13/09, 11:40 PM   #3
kylecumminsfan

great to hear!!

5/14/09, 8:19 AM   #4
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

Great that you will have a work area during the feature. Has Florence changed their track layout? The last time I was there you had to go through the infield and cross the backstretch to exit the track. You also rolled across the track into the infield to push off. Not ideal conditions to utilize an off track work area.

For drivers going to Florence, be extremely careful in the pits. These people are not used to sprint cars and will walk right out in front of you when you are returning to your trailer. I saw it happen multiple times and those people had no clue what they had done.

5/14/09, 10:08 AM   #5
Eagle14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Fast View Post
Great that you will have a work area during the feature. Has Florence changed their track layout? The last time I was there you had to go through the infield and cross the backstretch to exit the track. You also rolled across the track into the infield to push off. Not ideal conditions to utilize an off track work area.

For drivers going to Florence, be extremely careful in the pits. These people are not used to sprint cars and will walk right out in front of you when you are returning to your trailer. I saw it happen multiple times and those people had no clue what they had done.
Thank you for the heads up....I am looking forward to heading to Florence, should be a good count of cars and so forth. Mother Nature needs to get sad outta her Vagina and let us race! What did we do to make her so pissy!!!

Glad to have the work area back Mo, it is rough making it to the show, then having small thing knock you out righ from the green. Good Call MSCS officials.

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Oh yea... any specific muffler required? Just making sure.... i don't think there is as long as we have them correct?

5/14/09, 11:26 AM   #6
sprint38racer

Good plan

5/14/09, 5:13 PM   #7
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

It is good to see a racing organization which is actually sensitive to the comments of the racing community. You are to be congratulated!

Frank Daigh

5/14/09, 5:48 PM   #8
Pushtruck

Quote:

I believe I have pushed at all of the MSCS shows at Florence and if mother nature cooperates we will be doing this one as well. We push off sprints on the track at the top of turn three as they roll out onto the track leaving the pit area. I believe the last time MSCS had a work area there, it was in the infield and the cars were brought to the opening on the backstretch and we refired them on track on the bottom of the backstretch.

I agree their exit off the track back to the pits is less than desirable. Sprints have to continue through turns three and four and loop across the infield to make the entrance back into the pits. The sprints cannot make that sharp right hand turn like the stock cars do. They have a backstretch lane they use where you can enter into the infield along the backstretch and make a sharp right to cross the track back into the pits.

I agree with the comment about pedestrians. Several times cars had to come to a stop as they entered the pit area because of people walking in front of them. As you can imagine, that caused a huge backup of stalled sprints. Security or staff at that exit might help that problem as sprints are trying to exit.

Joe Chambers
Official Push Trucks

5/14/09, 6:08 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:

There is plenty of room in FLorences infield to setup safe pit's or work area. No reason they can't push off in turn four just like L Burg.

Yeah, just be careful exiting the track returning to your pit.

For the fans, Unless somethings changed since last year. I would suggest you not sit in the turn one grandstand The smaller one just beyond the main one up near the end of the front straight, That fence is kinda low there.

The main grandstand and upper back staight seating is fine and pretty safe although anything is possible.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/14/09 at 6:13 PM.

5/14/09, 6:24 PM   #10
Jerry Shaw

I think that a resolution that will benefit racers, fans and the MSCS was realized because of two major factors:

1) Most of the people that raised a legitimate concern about the former rule did it in an earnest, respectful manner. Many of those expressing concern were people who usually have a positive attitude, when it comes to racing issues and are not people who could be classified as "habitual complainers" (with a few exceptions).

2) MSCS was perceptive enough to recognize this as a legitimate issue and responsive and flexible enough to make the changes to resolve it.

Thanks,

Jerry

Winston Churchill

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS work area