IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
bart (Offline)
  #21 12/30/23 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by Vukie:
Hewitt photo is from the Milwaukee Mile.
I know Milwaukee has gone through different configurations but this is how it looked about 5-10 years ago and I don't think this is a match to that Hewitt photo.

Bart
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #22 12/30/23 1:13 AM
The photo of Mark Alderson in the Steve Enlow car is almost certainly from Iliana. Hewitt in the Hampshire car MIGHT be from Milwaukee, but I’m not sure.
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #23 12/30/23 3:38 PM
This post is from 11 years ago.

Charles Nungester
revjimk (Offline)
  #24 12/30/23 5:26 PM
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1:
The photo of Mark Alderson in the Steve Enlow car is almost certainly from Iliana. Hewitt in the Hampshire car MIGHT be from Milwaukee, but I’m not sure.
I know. I bumped it up cause they were talking about my friend, Steve Enslow
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #25 12/31/23 11:17 AM
God Bless Steve. He wasn’t around at the race’s a lot. Mark had a great bunch helping him. As a kid just getting to hang around, or carry a can of fuel, wipe off the car, or try to roll a tire from the dealer to the pit spot, it was a blast. Most of the time as I remember it was Mark, Carl, Steve, and my Dad. Those guy’s were quick of wit and just a joy to be with. When Dad first started helping Mark, there was a fellow by the name of Glen Cox that helped but he didn’t stick around. Like I said, best of times
revjimk (Offline)
  #26 12/31/23 2:30 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
God Bless Steve. He wasn’t around at the race’s a lot. Mark had a great bunch helping him. As a kid just getting to hang around, or carry a can of fuel, wipe off the car, or try to roll a tire from the dealer to the pit spot, it was a blast. Most of the time as I remember it was Mark, Carl, Steve, and my Dad. Those guy’s were quick of wit and just a joy to be with. When Dad first started helping Mark, there was a fellow by the name of Glen Cox that helped but he didn’t stick around. Like I said, best of times
Wish I could have been around for that!
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #27 12/31/23 4:37 PM
By the way, the Steve I was referring to in the group at the track most of the time was Steve Turner