IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Now what USAC?
11/9/18, 5:27 PM   #21
rpedersen20

Running over other cars under yellow seemed like a big deal last year at the oval nats. I remember they parked one of the leaders after he went after Grant under yellow. During that incident the mic was live in the booth for ppv customers and you could hear the seriousness in the officials voice as he yelled dont let that guy back on the track and he was DONE!
Last edited by rpedersen20; 11/9/18 at 5:29 PM.

3 members like this post: bighd0522, jim goerge, Rpracing1
11/9/18, 5:42 PM   #22
Re: Now what USAC?
Hubie

As a casual visitor to this site, it would be really, really great if the original poster would explain what the heck happened? Between internet bravado I can determine that Courtney got into someone's car (Justin Grant) after the checkered flag fell?

It that's the case, then they should do something about it. Like park him for a race, or fine him, or both.

11/9/18, 6:28 PM   #23
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Really? Not my definition of a "Punt" as you call it. Geez.............Pot-stirrers............Sigh............
What would you call throwing a slider, not clearing and hitting him broadside knocking him out of his grove to complete the pass? Video's on USAC's FB page. Unlike the accusation thrown in the original post.

I call it a racing incident but not clean and a clear warrent to let the other know he wasn't happy. Maybe not by hitting after the checkers, But for sure letting him know somehow.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 11/9/18 at 6:47 PM.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
11/9/18, 7:08 PM   #24
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

I would call it National USAC drivers version of the bump and run. The National drivers have perfected the "just hard enough to upset his car" pass.

4 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, jim goerge, Rpracing1, TKRacing
11/9/18, 7:50 PM   #25
SteelCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.N.3 View Post
The suspension for tweeting from my understanding was not a one time deal. It has been constant for the last couple years. Bashing the series you race for and tracks that they are invited to race at. He was given several warnings before they finally suspended him. Tyler on the other hand keeps his nose clean, so does Justin. Occasionally you’re going to have heated moments from a race. That’s part of what makes these races and championships so exciting.
If you want USAC to do what they did to Ballou, then Tyler should have his first warning. He’s got a few more before he gets suspended.

And congratulations to Justin and Topp Motorsports on their win!
I like Tyler Courtney. Even own a shirt. But tweeting and intentionally wrecking someone after the checkered is not the same thing. Courtney should be sent a strong message. Whether that's points, money, or suspension. Grant's pass wasn't exactly clean but he didn't wreck him either.

4 members like this post: Hubie, Jesse B, jim goerge, racingirl
11/9/18, 8:18 PM   #26
sp6967

you can't compare tyler with ballou. tyler was definitely wrong for running into grant after the checkers fell. ballou on the other hand is partially right, because if car owners treated their equipment like most promotors treat their track there wouldn't be much sprint car racing.

11/9/18, 8:51 PM   #27
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankytoo View Post
I would call it National USAC drivers version of the bump and run. The National drivers have perfected the "just hard enough to upset his car" pass.
i Hope that's just a sarcastic answer because contact in open wheel often ends with somone hurt and several thousand in damage.

Not that it don't happen and isn't going to happen sometimes. A winning move? maybe. gets no respect though.

I love J.G but Id say the same about anyone hitting another car.

1 member likes this post: Hubie
11/9/18, 8:57 PM   #28
yeleyfan76

[QUOTE=SteelCore;504962]I like Tyler Courtney. Even own a shirt. But tweeting and intentionally wrecking someone after the checkered is not the same thing. Courtney should be sent a strong message. Whether that's points, money, or suspension. Grant's pass wasn't exactly clean but he didn't wreck him either.[/QUOTE

Exactly correct. This may have been a first time offense for Courtney. Ballou tweeted multiple times even after being warned. If anyone on this board equates twitter drivel with using your sprint car to retaliate then we may have an issue. Courtney did what is detrimental to the sport and that means you get suspended. Not hard to figure out.

2 members like this post: Hubie, jim goerge
11/9/18, 8:58 PM   #29
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6967 View Post
you can't compare tyler with ballou. tyler was definitely wrong for running into grant after the checkers fell. ballou on the other hand is partially right, because if car owners treated their equipment like most promotors treat their track there wouldn't be much sprint car racing.
Basically what the point of all his tweets were about.

2 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, jim goerge
11/9/18, 9:10 PM   #30
410fuelinjected

Why don't we let TC & JG work it out?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Now what USAC?