IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Midget Classifieds > Stewart Mini Sprint / D2 Midget "Starter Pack" - $10k
10/15/18, 5:52 PM   #1
Stewart Mini Sprint / D2 Midget "Starter Pack" - New Price!
TaylorCox

New price!

Everything you need to go racing for $8K OBO

Solid, reliable car with 8 Top 11's and 1 Top 5 in the last 10 races. We finished 12th in USAC D2 points this year while competing in only 5 of 12 events. Fully updated 1992 Stewart chassis. ’07 Kawasaki ZX-10 engine, new front and rear axles, new suspension, new fuel system, new brake system, new electronics.

And a 7'x16' enclosed landscaping trailer.

Details

The car is what I believe to be a 1992 Stewart Midget which has been converted to an upright Lightning Sprint. The car was pretty primitive when I purchased it about 3 years ago. It still had the 4-pin hubs, keyed rear axle, and the previous owner had welded in permanent motor mounts for the engine he was using. As soon as I bought it I tore it down to the frame had it sandblasted and repainted. I’ve gone through every nut and bolt, and updated every piece of the car.

I welded on new shock mounts to accept the new coilover front suspension. The car now uses a Spike midget front axle assembly, including the left front brake. The Bilstein shocks/springs and front axle have around 9 races since new.

The engine is an ’06-’07 Kawasaki ZX-10R, with 7 races since rebuild. I am running on 93 octane pump gas, with an ECU flashed by Guhl. It has a Rosson Racing velocity stack/air filter assembly and a low profile billet oil pan. It is now mounted on a Henchcraft motor plate.

It has GlowShift digital Oil Pressure and Water Temperature gauges, an Autometer Fuel Pressure gauge, and a Viper digital tach.

It has a new Longacre steering wheel with quick disconnect hub.

It has a Wilwood 1” bore master cylinder with around 12 races since new. Front and rear brake lines have around 12 races since new.

It has a Hyper Racing shifter/clutch handle with an extended clutch cable from Rosson Racing, 7 races old.

I am keeping my seat, but it will come with an old non-full-containment UltraShield if you want it. The belts are 2018 dated Simpson click-in style, 7 races old.

I installed a Hyper Racing 2” 31 spline rear axle assembly approximately 20 races ago. The rear shocks have about 9 races since new.

It has an EK Chain 530 DRZ-2 Drag Bike chain, and a Henchcraft chain tensioner, both around 12 races old.

It has hollow rear torsion bars with torsion stop keepers. Around 12 races on the bars.

It has a Jaz 5 gallon polyethylene fuel forward tank with rollover valve. It has light weight Hyper Black Series braided fuel line and fittings. It has 2 Hyper fuel filters (25 & 120 micron), a Walbro fuel pump, and a FueLab Fuel Pressure Regulator. The tank, fuel line, fittings, and fuel pump have 7 races, the filters have 7 races since last cleaned (20 overall), and the regulator has 20 races.

Spares: A couple rear tires, a couple front tires, a couple rims, 2 top wings, 2 front wings (1 old style), some radius rods and other odds and ends. I will also include a Saldana wheel lug wrench and a bead breaker. Also included are 3 spare engines in various states of disrepair - 1 leaned out and sent a rod through the case 2 races after a full rebuild, one seized up after losing oil pressure, and a 3rd that has been sitting for about 2 years waiting to be rebuilt.

Trailer
The trailer was built on a 7'x16' tandem axle landscaping trailer using AA grade plywood, 2x4's, and 6061 aluminum. It has a workbench and a tire rack, LED lighting inside, 2 fans inside, and several outlets. The trailer has LED brake lights, license plate light, and running lights, and the rear door locks. The trailer will not include a generator.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$8,000 OBO. $5,000 for the car, $3,000 for the trailer.

Located in NW Ohio.

Last edited by TaylorCox; 12/26/20 at 6:42 PM.

10/20/18, 5:49 AM   #2
Re: Stewart Mini Sprint / D2 Midget "Starter Pack" - $10k
TaylorCox

Bump

10/25/18, 7:40 AM   #3
Re: Stewart Mini Sprint / D2 Midget "Starter Pack" - $10k
TaylorCox

Bump - new price.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Midget Classifieds > Stewart Mini Sprint / D2 Midget "Starter Pack" - $10k