IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paul Hazen, Honored at Klash!
10/17/18, 12:13 PM   #11
Josh Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Spencer View Post
I’ve got my pictures of Paul Hazen’s past drivers who are unfortunately not with us still, thanks to John Mahoney and Jim Fisher! Still working on getting Jim Elliott and Richard Jackson photos, if anyone has them please let me know. Come see past drivers for Hazen Friday the 19th at the Kokomo Speedway from 4:30-5!

Josh Spencer
Photo won’t upload will try later. Thanks, Josh

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jerry Spencer, tirespinner
10/17/18, 2:33 PM   #12
Blackduce

Josh, you are doing a hell of a job for alot of racing fans, mechanics, drivers and city of Kokomo. Also Kokomo Speedway. Racing youth we need badly to carry this sport forward. Thanks

Lynn

10/17/18, 5:05 PM   #13
Josh Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackduce View Post
Josh, you are doing a hell of a job for alot of racing fans, mechanics, drivers and city of Kokomo. Also Kokomo Speedway. Racing youth we need badly to carry this sport forward. Thanks

Lynn
Thanks for the kind words Lynn, I love sprint car racing and I love the Kokomo Speedway! Just want to do my part to help this sport.

Josh

10/18/18, 10:31 AM   #14
Re: Paul Hazen, Honored at Klash!
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
We will be honoring Paul Hazen at the last sprint car race at the Kokomo Speedway on October 19th and his past drivers! We will have an autograph session with some of his past drivers from 4:30-5! Weather permitting we will honor Paul with a plaque during the intermission! We hope to see everyone their and there are more announcements to come about this event once we get them all lined up!
Thanks to Roger and Barb Tappy for paying for Paul and his crews put passes for the night! Also John Mahoney and Jim Fisher for donating drivers who have passed away and driven for Paul, to sit up during the autograph session.

Here is a list of drivers that will be attending as of now:

Past Drivers coming to honor Paul Hazen:
Mark Caldwell
Chuck Mosley
Aaron Mosley
Butch Wilkerson
Tim Bookmiller
Tony Ploughe
Brad Marvel
Gary Fisher
Dave Darland
Brian Tyler
Bill Tyler
Tony Jarrett
Mike Mann
Bill Rose
Ted Hines
Tracy Hines
Jon Stanbrough
A.J. Anderson
Matt Hardin
Bryan Stanfill
Josh Spencer
Derek Davidson
Casey Shuman
Shane Cottle
Colten Cottle
Rocky Fisher
Chad Boespflug
Jon Sciscoe
Scotty Weir
Clinton Boyles

Drivers who are not with us anymore:
Jim Elliott
Don Hewitt
Louie Mann
Richard Jackson
Tony Elliott
Larry Rice
Robbie Stanley
Bryan Clauson

Hope to see everyone there!

Josh and Shannon Spencer

Friday night has a very slight chance of rain around 8pm but it is not much and supposed to move through very fast so I'm thinking Friday night at the Kokomo Speedway will be on time and will have no problems getting the show in.

Make sure to get there for the autograph session and great racing to follow.

Remember the Speedway does not mess around getting the show in so you can get on the road home at a early hour.

Thank you all in advance for the support you have shown Josh, Shannon and the entire staff at the Kokomo Speedway.

Jerry #66j
Last edited by Jerry Spencer; 10/18/18 at 10:35 AM.

3 members like this post: EBookerFan, Josh Spencer, tirespinner
10/19/18, 8:33 AM   #15
David Nearpass

Didn’t Kevin Thomas drive for Paul?

3 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, Josh Spencer, tirespinner
10/19/18, 8:42 AM   #16
Josh Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Nearpass View Post
Didn’t Kevin Thomas drive for Paul?
Yes he did, unfortunately at the time he was unavailable to come because he was going on vacation. I talked to him last night at Jim Lipkey’s viewing and he was going to try to make it! I called every person on the list that Kevin Oldham gave me, but two because I couldn’t find their correct contact information. These are the drivers who could/maybe make it. Hope this helps and hopefully more show up! Hope to see you there and have a great day!

Josh

2 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, tirespinner
10/19/18, 9:48 AM   #17
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
We will be honoring Paul Hazen at the last sprint car race at the Kokomo Speedway on October 19th and his past drivers! We will have an autograph session with some of his past drivers from 4:30-5! Weather permitting we will honor Paul with a plaque during the intermission! We hope to see everyone their and there are more announcements to come about this event once we get them all lined up!
Thanks to Roger and Barb Tappy for paying for Paul and his crews put passes for the night! Also John Mahoney and Jim Fisher for donating drivers who have passed away and driven for Paul, to sit up during the autograph session.

Here is a list of drivers that will be attending as of now:

Past Drivers coming to honor Paul Hazen:
Mark Caldwell
Chuck Mosley
Aaron Mosley
Butch Wilkerson
Tim Bookmiller
Tony Ploughe
Brad Marvel
Gary Fisher
Dave Darland
Brian Tyler
Bill Tyler
Tony Jarrett
Mike Mann
Bill Rose
Ted Hines
Tracy Hines
Jon Stanbrough
A.J. Anderson
Matt Hardin
Bryan Stanfill
Josh Spencer
Derek Davidson
Casey Shuman
Shane Cottle
Colten Cottle
Rocky Fisher
Chad Boespflug
Jon Sciscoe
Scotty Weir
Clinton Boyles

Drivers who are not with us anymore:
Jim Elliott
Don Hewitt
Louie Mann
Richard Jackson
Tony Elliott
Larry Rice
Robbie Stanley
Bryan Clauson

Hope to see everyone there!

Josh and Shannon Spencer
Tonight's the night, grab a jacket and get to the Kokomo Speedway for the last open wheel race of the season.

Slight chance for rain but moving past really fast, in my opinion we are good to get this show in.

Josh and Shannon have worked their butts of this year and tonight is no different as they have done a great job rounding up a great group to honor Paul and his drivers.

Make sure you thank the Speedway staff and if you think about it give a shout out to Josh and Shannon for all the hard work they have put into this deal.

See you all tonight

Tell em you love em while you can.

Jerry #66j

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, Josh Spencer, tirespinner
10/19/18, 11:18 AM   #18
David Nearpass

A really special tribute you have organized!

10/19/18, 3:47 PM   #19
Jerry Spencer

Leaving for the track now, dress warm and lets race.

Please come and honor Paul Hazen from 4:30 to 5:00 today at the Kokomo Speedway.

Josh and Shannon really have put a lot into this so lets show up and help honor Paul and the people that have driven for Paul.

Rocky Hodges never drove for Paul but will be at the track tonight to talk and sign autographs also.

Lets do this.

Jerry #66j

2 members like this post: rapid robert, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paul Hazen, Honored at Klash!