IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Rogue-9 (Offline)
  #61 9/9/12 6:26 AM
I left after the modifieds at 4:30.
Gregg (Offline)
  #62 9/9/12 6:33 AM
Wow! This night/morning of racing would have been hazardous to my health, especially if my normally very tolerant wife would have have found a way to swing a pipe wrench the way Joey Votto does with a Louisville Slugger.

Glad I stayed home.
Hotshoe65s (Offline)
  #63 9/9/12 6:39 AM
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn:
Tyler Courtney won the 3rd A-main over Logan Hupp.

Its been quite a night for me,first the World Figure 8 Championship at the Speedrome,then over to Putnamville for a night cap.
I know how ya feel, and my day has been even more extreme. Went to eldora this weekend for the World 100. Rained out qualifying events yesterday so they ran the entire program today(Saturday) starting at noon. Qualified over 120 cars in the afternoon and ran some non-qualifying races. Then after two hour track rework they started heats at 6. Threw checked on feature at midnight. We hurried back to Indiana and caught the last two sprint features at Lps, and the patriot 100. Two tracks, two major races, in two different states, all in one night = major win.

It was an epic day and weekend. Good times, good racing, and going to be a good memory

Posted via Mobile Device
15 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, Avon Open Wheel fan, Don 65s, ffrid, illiNOISE, mayor31, Mud Packer, PJ Wright, Quick Change, racephoto1, speed bump, SpfldMile, SPRINTCAR, sprintcar#31, VSneader2
DaleDuBois (Offline)
  #64 9/9/12 6:40 AM
Who won the mod 100 lapper?
Hotshoe65s (Offline)
  #65 9/9/12 7:09 AM
Devin Gilpin won the patriot 100, it was his 32nd win of the year.

Posted via Mobile Device
3 Likes: dusty tracks, kennystidamracing, racegal
IndyBound (Offline)
  #66 9/9/12 7:42 AM
Congrats Coleman on your feature win and making it two years in a row!!!!!

Patti
2 Likes: speed bump, TeamCGR
Gee2 (Offline)
  #67 9/9/12 9:17 AM
My family threw in the towel at 11:30, just after the 3rd Mod heat race, I thought I was in a time machine and it was 1993 and I was at P.I.S.S (Paragon International Super Speedway)...
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #68 9/9/12 9:34 AM
How long were the ticket takers at the gate?
Andrew S. Quinn (Online)
  #69 9/9/12 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Tim Watson:
How long were the ticket takers at the gate?
They have bankers hours

There wasnt anyone at the gate at 12:45.....And I wasnt the only one to stop in after going to the Speedrome either

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Originally Posted by Hotshoe65s:
I know how ya feel, and my day has been even more extreme. Went to eldora this weekend for the World 100. Rained out qualifying events yesterday so they ran the entire program today(Saturday) starting at noon. Qualified over 120 cars in the afternoon and ran some non-qualifying races. Then after two hour track rework they started heats at 6. Threw checked on feature at midnight. We hurried back to Indiana and caught the last two sprint features at Lps, and the patriot 100. Two tracks, two major races, in two different states, all in one night = major win.

It was an epic day and weekend. Good times, good racing, and going to be a good memory

Posted via Mobile Device
I'm glad for cell phones! I havent done a "double" in quite awhile. Used to do them all the time in Pennsylvania years ago,but never pulling into track 2 at 12:45 am though!
STIDA.com (Offline)
  #70 9/9/12 11:26 AM
So when did the last checker fall?? We left after 2nd caution of modified 100 lapper and it was 345am.

The racing was great all night. 14 sprint n modified heat races was worth the $. Track was great all night, no complaints there!! But starting hot laps at 745 is absolutely uncalled for, especially with 190 cars in the pits. Maybe I am just getting old, but I outlasted most!!

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: ffrid, Gee2