IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown/Hard Luck Recipient
8/21/16, 4:41 PM   #1
Smackdown/Hard Luck Recipient
Danny Burton

The immensely popular Kokomo Smackdown approaches, as does a personal milestone. I was thinking..why not turn the tables? Instead of receiving congratulations on living this long, why not share just a little of my good fortune? Besides, this year, I get paid on August 24, as I complete 65 laps around life's bullring.

With that in mind, and with my wife's assent, I'm putting up a grand total of $25 for the hard luck racer at Kokomo on the 24th next week. This is often for the racers that don't get the headlines, sponsors, or attention the guys at the front of the pack get. Once in awhile, they need noticing as well.

I will determine who the hard luck racer will be next Wednesday. You are invited to join me and slipping a few dollars to one of the guys who suffers some tough luck. It doesn't have to be the same guy (or gal) that I choose.

In the midst of sadness, we need to remember the good times. Naturally, the converse is true. As we still mourn the passing of BC (still tough to type this), let us also celebrate who the young man was. DB

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

8/21/16, 5:13 PM   #2
Re: Smackdown/Hard Luck Recipient
Andrew S. Quinn

I'll see you Wednesday and give you another $25 to hand out,and encourage others to match you too. Its always fun handing out some extra $$.

Danny Burton's grandson Karston handing Dave Darland some extra cash a few years ago at the Kokomo Smackdown

Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 8/21/16 at 5:21 PM.

8/21/16, 9:15 PM   #3
flagboy55

I'll donate 25, tell me where to take it

2 members like this post: pushinthecushin, tirespinner
8/21/16, 9:51 PM   #4
Danny Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I'll donate 25, tell me where to take it
I'll post a time on here plus, for those who don't know me, I'll even post which t-shirt I'll be wearing. I'm leaving here Wednesday morning after my wife and I go out for my first "Medicare" breakfast.

Don't be afraid to introduce yourself. I'm met some pretty good friends that way. (Ben Andres is the first of many to come to mind)

ASQ: That boy is a bit taller now. His big brother The Sword Man is taller than a few iow people here who shall go nameless. Dave autographed the book that Bones Bourcier wrote and signed Karston's name. Pretty big deal for a kid.

8/21/16, 9:55 PM   #5
flagboy55

I'll see you Wednesday, looking forward to it

2 members like this post: sapper211, tirespinner
8/22/16, 4:15 PM   #6
Andrew S. Quinn

Karston made a pretty good helper,although we must have dragged him out of a racecar for this photo with Jerry Coons Jr.

After thinking about it a bit more today,Danny,I'll sweeten the pot even more than $25.00. Figure on $100.00 from me.

Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 8/22/16 at 4:22 PM.

8/22/16, 10:45 PM   #7
Danny Burton

With my very limited organization skills, I'll proceed anyway. The plan is for some of you good people meet me at the Kokomo Speedway on Wednesday afternoon at 4 p.m., at the main entrance by the ticket booth. I'll be wearing a bright red Chad Boespflug t-shirt with my usual letter carrier retiree cap. Unofficially we're into triple figures with pledges coming from as far away as Tennessee.

P.S. To be precise, I'll also be wearing shorts and shoes.

‪#‎GYATK‬
‪#‎KokomoSpeedway‬

8/23/16, 7:06 AM   #8
rachasin

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 42

see u there

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown/Hard Luck Recipient