IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > October 4 midget conflict
8/28/08, 9:06 PM   #1
October 4 midget conflict
Clydesdale

Does anybody think USAC and POWRi can work this out? Why not run the Hut Hundred on Sunday and the Belle-Clair race on Saturday. Why not a co-sanction on both. This would be a great weekend for midgets and their fans. Although, it probably makes too much sence for it to happen.

8/28/08, 9:48 PM   #2
Re: October 4 midget conflict
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydesdale View Post
Does anybody think USAC and POWRi can work this out? Why not run the Hut Hundred on Sunday and the Belle-Clair race on Saturday. Why not a co-sanction on both. This would be a great weekend for midgets and their fans. Although, it probably makes too much sence for it to happen.
The Hut Hundred was originally listed as a Sunday event, but was changed.

8/28/08, 9:55 PM   #3
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
I am sure that someone will correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the Hut Hundred normally run the first Saturday after Labor Day? In looking at schedules, USAC & THAT, why couldn't that have been done this year? Probably another conflict that I am not seeing.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

8/28/08, 10:01 PM   #4
1BIGracefan

MSCS 10,000 to WIN at Lawrenceburg is on Octocber the 4th also.

8/29/08, 8:24 AM   #5
bigmojo5

In the Golden Olden days, the Hoosier Hundred ran on the Saturday of that weekend and the Hut 100 the next day. That was back in the Don Smith-Bill Hill days of running the state fairgrounds and Terre Haute. Foyt would run the Hoosier Hundred as a favor to Smth. One year, I believe 1976, he also ran one of Howard Linne's midgets at Terre Haute, running in the top three for several laps before dropping out.
Jim Morrison

8/29/08, 8:41 AM   #6
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmojo5 View Post
.......he also ran one of Howard Linne's midgets at Terre Haute, running in the top three for several laps before dropping out.
Jim Morrison
Howard sold that midget, an Edmunds/VW, to Clifford "Dink" Cornell. Rich Vogler drove that car to several victories for Dink.

8/29/08, 9:52 AM   #7
Andrew S. Quinn

I was hoping that the Hut Hundred would have been run on Oct. 5th. Would have made a good 3 day weekend, Gas City,then Belle-Claire then Terre Haute.

I'll drive right on by Terre Haute to Belle-Claire. Have yet to see a bad midget race there.

8/29/08, 1:59 PM   #8
Mike McCormick

Quote:
Does anybody think USAC and POWRi can work this out? Why not run the Hut Hundred on Sunday and the Belle-Clair race on Saturday. Why not a co-sanction on both.
Why would USAC ever want to co-sanction one of their biggest events with a group that rarely has the courtesy to return their phone calls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
I'll drive right on by Terre Haute to Belle-Claire. Have yet to see a bad midget race there.
So let me get this straight: You're passing up one of the most historic midget races for a regular show of a regional nobody group? :rolling:rolling:rolling:rolling:rolling Have fun.

8/29/08, 2:14 PM   #9
mortboyz

That's only the second race this season that USAC has scheduled on top of POWRi.....less than 125 miles apart. But I guess it's no big deal, right Mike?

And Mike, you still haven't explained to us on here as to why USAC would go to POWRi to co-sanction the $15000 to win show in October.

8/29/08, 3:15 PM   #10
Mike McCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortboyz View Post
That's only the second race this season that USAC has scheduled on top of POWRi.....less than 125 miles apart. But I guess it's no big deal, right Mike?
When it comes to the Hut Hundred over some coattail-riding regional group, I wouldn't care if they scheduled the Hut Hundred for that date, the week before the race. It's the Hut Hundred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortboyz View Post
And Mike, you still haven't explained to us on here as to why USAC would go to POWRi to co-sanction the $15000 to win show in October.
Regardless of what the POWRi nut-riders, Dirtywhiteboy and ASQ will tell you, Kenny Brown reached out to USAC to ensure all the top teams would be at this show. As I've said before, my respect for Kenny is gaining as he seems to be the only one interested in WORKING TOGETHER in co-sanctioning shows. Before the USAC co-sanction was announced, only about 13 cars were entered for that race. It would have been another laughable POWRi show running the same 20 cars all three nights.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > October 4 midget conflict