IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
stp6237 (Offline)
  #11 12/31/16 12:12 PM
I will be attending my 66th race tonight (New Years Eve) at the PPL Center in Allentown, PA for the TQ show. Last night was my 65th at same venue. Kind of cool that the year started at the PPL Center and will end at the same location. Saw races at 38 different tracks and picked up four new tracks. I have gone to at least 1 new track ever year since 1978. My wife gave me a great Christmas present, going to a three days of USAC sprints in Ocala, FL in February which will be a new track for me. Plan to come out to Indiana for the 500 again and hit Terre Haute, Indy State Fairgrounds, Bloomington, Lincoln Park and Kokomo while in Indiana, follow the USAC Eastern Storm (not sure about Port Royal with having the wing cars there with USAC) Silver Crown at "The Grove", the USAC midget Eastern swing, Pocono Indy Car event and shows at Kutztown, PA for the weekly events. I retired in June and as long as the Chief Financial Officer (the wife) says the money is there for other events I will pick up races as the year goes on. To all of you warm regards and best wishes for a Happy, Safe and Prosperous New Year, Steve Peters
12 Likes: Charles Nungester, davidm, FishBurger, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, mc/rider, nathans1012, scottyCbus, Simon_says17, Stevensville Mike, WinglessLovers
JDFAST (Offline)
  #12 12/31/16 4:33 PM
On the West Coast, the usual events were good, USAC 410 at Ventura with Troy Rutherford's 360 winning, the trophy cup at tulare, and the PAS Oval Nationals were highlights for me. I missed Turkey Night, but it sounded like a huge success other than it being too damn cold and long.

It looks like USAC has a GREAT schedule for USAC 360 and 410, and added Micro Sprints.

Happy New Years to everyone
5 Likes: davidm, flagboy55, jim goerge, scottyCbus, Stevensville Mike
MIracing (Offline)
  #13 12/31/16 5:01 PM
I made it to 13 races including 3 new tracks. Traveling is limited for me with a young family. I did get to Gas City for Midget Week which was awesome. Also, I made it to Eldora for the truck race and I don't care what anyone says that was good racing.

Some of the series I got to see with limited travel.

WoO
All Stars
USAC Midgets
ASCS National
Auto Value Super Sprints
SoD
GLSS
MTS
NASCAR Trucks

Definetly a fun year. Also ordered a few PPV
5 Likes: davidm, jim goerge, scottyCbus, Stevensville Mike, sw1911
ISF (Offline)
  #14 12/31/16 6:26 PM
Pretty good season, not great but better than average.

Chili Bowl
Dirt Late Models-Volusia Speedway Park (February)
Shamrock Classic
Sumar Classic
Hulman Classic
Hoosier Hundred
Little 500
100th Indy 500 (our 32nd Indy 500)
POWRi-Mighty Macon
Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model Series-Mighty Macon
ISW Terre Haute
POWRi-Fairbury American Legion Speedway
Allen Crowe Memorial 100-ARCA Stock Cars-Springfield Mile
Ted Horn Memorial
Southern Illinois 100-ARCA Stock Cars Du Quoin
Jr. Knepper 55

Best racing we saw all season was Fairbury POWRi, Ted Horn Memorial, Chili Bowl, Little 500 and Indy 500.

Less than perfect shows were-Shamrock Classic and Lucas Oil Late Models at Macon.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
7 Likes: Danny Burton, davidm, flagboy55, jim goerge, scottyCbus, Simon_says17, Stevensville Mike
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #15 12/31/16 9:55 PM
I got in 51 racing events this year. Thanks to all the great iow racing families and racing teams for a great 2016 season. Thanks mrs g and the entire staff that makes this website available for us racing fans and teams. Thanks. Looking forward to seeing all the great iow racing families in 2017. Thanks for all the meet and greet this year. You guys are simply the best friend's. Thanks.
11 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, davidm, Dirtfan, flagboy55, jim goerge, mc/rider, scottyCbus, Stevensville Mike, stp6237, wildman92
billw (Offline)
  #16 12/31/16 10:20 PM
36 races at 18 tracks down from the 50-55 the last few years. pretty much abandoned local races (nj/pa) in favor of midget week and sprint week 3 new tracks (attica montpelier and ppl center) most attended track was bloomington (4)
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, davidm, flagboy55, jim goerge, scottyCbus, Simon_says17, Stevensville Mike
Adolph (Offline)
  #17 12/31/16 11:13 PM
49 races for the second year in a row. All in Indiana except 3 Eldora races and 2 in Arizona.
8 Likes: Charles Nungester, davidm, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, scottyCbus, Simon_says17, Stevensville Mike
bigq11 (Offline)
  #18 1/1/17 8:46 AM
25 races this year, down from over 50 the previous 2 years. Mostly Bloomington, Brownstown, Dream at Eldora. Hope to do better in 2017
8 Likes: Charles Nungester, davidm, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, JDFAST, jim goerge, scottyCbus, Stevensville Mike
Nate (Offline)
  #19 1/1/17 12:02 PM
This year was slightly down for me since I was busy making the move from Fort Wayne to Louisville right smack dab in the middle of the summer and starting a new job.

Still managed to make it to around 25 races though at 10 or 11 different tracks.

Already piecing my 2017 schedule together and hoping to make it to a lot more shows this year than last

Nate Bickel - @natefb22
10 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, davidm, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, scottyCbus, Simon_says17, Stevensville Mike, wildman92
wildman92 (Offline)
  #20 1/1/17 7:50 PM
Not sure how many races we hit but I know it was a healthy number. Met a lot of new folks this year - our tailgate crew is expanding!! I will say things seemed very different after BC's wreck. Things just weren't the same and won't be the same again.

Looking forward to 2017 and reuniting with our friends and making a lot of great memories.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
11 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, davidm, Dirtfan, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, racer-x, scottyCbus, Simon_says17, Stevensville Mike