IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Motors
2/27/17, 5:50 PM   #31
Re: Midget Motors
Roy Bleckert

WOW !!! This thread pops back up after 5 + years , For the record my opinions on the subject have not changed Bwahahaaa!!!

2/27/17, 6:27 PM   #32
trannyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Bleckert View Post
WOW !!! This thread pops back up after 5 + years , For the record my opinions on the subject have not changed Bwahahaaa!!!
Yep,and by the same s^^t stirrers.claims he wants an opinion and suggest improvements.actually it's usually negative talk.

2/27/17, 10:09 PM   #33
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trannyman View Post
Yep,and by the same s^^t stirrers.claims he wants an opinion and suggest improvements.actually it's usually negative talk.
I kinda got the feeling after I had been sucked in. It started off with questions/suggestions on alternative powerplants for midgets, but it became clear it was more about pushing motorcycle engines and chain drives. I'm not into midgets really, but if you want to run chain drive motorcycle engines I think they call that a mini-sprint, just do that. I do think midgets could benefit from a more economical engine package/rules, but without resorting to disguising a mini-sprint as a midget. JMO

2 members like this post: Racer1039, rmr6nm
2/27/17, 10:56 PM   #34
Roy Bleckert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
I kinda got the feeling after I had been sucked in. It started off with questions/suggestions on alternative powerplants for midgets, but it became clear it was more about pushing motorcycle engines and chain drives. I'm not into midgets really, but if you want to run chain drive motorcycle engines I think they call that a mini-sprint, just do that. I do think midgets could benefit from a more economical engine package/rules, but without resorting to disguising a mini-sprint as a midget. JMO
I was pretty much done with the subject 5 years ago, out on the left coast your still lucky if you have a dozen Midgets show up to race most the time, not much has changed out here and life moves on !!!

2/27/17, 11:19 PM   #35
DAD

OK Gang

I don't see me pushing MC Motors. They have their own problems right now. I am pushing new low mileage salvage motors. I just got off of a John Murdock rant on Face book concerning engine builders and being beat by overpriced engines built by high dollar engine builders. This is not what you guys want. The 2.4 is dead>>>You can not buy a low mileage 2.4 motor from a junk yard and race it >>>because they no longer exist. However there are some other motors that are available that would work fine and maybe work even better>>BUT the rule book ruled them out before they got started.
Last edited by DAD; 2/27/17 at 11:21 PM.

2/27/17, 11:53 PM   #36
xoxide

Is there a phrase that goes further than "beating a dead horse"?

I would think you old coots would eventually get tired of bickering about the same topic day in and day out.... maybe the retirement home needs to limit internet usage.

3 members like this post: Crankin, koolaid89, the visitor
2/28/17, 8:43 AM   #37
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
OK Gang

I don't see me pushing MC Motors. They have their own problems right now. I am pushing new low mileage salvage motors. I just got off of a John Murdock rant on Face book concerning engine builders and being beat by overpriced engines built by high dollar engine builders. This is not what you guys want. The 2.4 is dead>>>You can not buy a low mileage 2.4 motor from a junk yard and race it >>>because they no longer exist. However there are some other motors that are available that would work fine and maybe work even better>>BUT the rule book ruled them out before they got started.
So your in favor of engines straight from the scrap yard, no rebuilding or blue printing. No thanks, I've had my fill with that in the crate late models around home. They've cried and whined so much now, they want you to buy a new GM602, run it however long it last and then chuck it... That's dumb. I never understood racers who got upset about how much somebody else spent, there is only so much that can be done legally, after that your just getting ripped off. A fool and his money. Pick an engine, spec the parts, enforce the rules and race. Let the whiners get a new crying towel. Ooops, gotta run, its bingo today in the common area and I've got my eye on a new set of teeth.

3 members like this post: Crankin, gearguy, superstock30
2/28/17, 1:19 PM   #38
Roy Bleckert

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
Is there a phrase that goes further than "beating a dead horse"?

I would think you old coots would eventually get tired of bickering about the same topic day in and day out.... maybe the retirement home needs to limit internet usage.
AaaaaaaaaaHahaaaaaa!!!

2/28/17, 1:47 PM   #39
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

For those of you who haven't been paying attention, there were a couple of fairly high-profile events a little over a week ago, one in Georgia and one in Illinois, one 5000 to win and one a first-of-its' kind indoors with a USAC sanction running the rules packages that you're bashing, and both with very respectable car counts. May not be everyone's cup of tea but it's actually gaining a bit of a foothold. And in the Midwest there really isn't a debate anymore about whether or not chain-drive cars belong, they are consistently competitive with their automotive counterparts.
No need to get nasty, either; c'mon...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
2/28/17, 3:44 PM   #40
Backitin

I thought the midget outlived its usefulness the first time I saw a v/8 engine combined with a sprintcar. I could never make sense of spending as much or more on a midget then you would on a full size race car.
Last edited by Backitin; 2/28/17 at 3:51 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Motors