IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Big Five-Division Card on Tap Friday at Gas City
7/28/21, 7:49 PM   #1
Big Five-Division Card on Tap Friday at Gas City
LindaKMansfield

Big Five-Division Program Is Set for Friday Night at Gas City I-69 Speedway

GAS CITY, Ind., July 28 —*This Friday night, July 30, Gas City I-69 Speedway will present its “Summer Thunder” show. Crate late models are a special attraction, with the feature paying $1,000 to win and $115 to start. It’s being run with an open Hoosier tire rule.

The modified feature winner will also earn $1,000, while everyone who starts the modified feature will get at least $150. Defending track champion Derek Losh of Rensselaer, Ind., has two modified feature victories at Gas City so far this year, while Bub Roberts of Warren, Ind. and Dillon Nusbaum of Warsaw, Ind. each have one win.

USAC SpeeD2 Midwest Thunder midgets, street stocks, and hornets are also included in the exciting five-division program.

Bryce Massingill of Troy, Ohio, won the SpeeD2 feature at Gas City on June 4. A full field is expected on Friday and also when the division races at Gas City again on Aug. 6.

Lee Hobbs of Mitchell, Ind., has won two street stock features at Gas City so far this year, while Mike Fincher of Rochester, Ind., and Ervin Turner of Marion, Ind., have both won once.

James Headley Jr. of Wabash, Ind., has three hornet feature victories so far at the Grant County quarter-mile clay oval, while Aaron Tatman of Lafayette, Ind., was the most recent hornet feature winner.

The pit gate will open at 3 p.m. on Friday and the grandstands at 5 p.m. Hot laps are at 6:30 p.m. and the racing starts at 7:30 p.m.

An adult general admission is only $15 and kids 12 and under are free. A pit pass costs $30.

The complete 2021 schedule and more information are on the track’s website at GasCityI69Speedway.com. Fans and competitors can also follow it on Twitter: @GasCitySpeedway; Instagram: @GasCitySpeedway and Facebook: GasCitySpeedwayOnTheGas.

Gas City I-69 Speedway is located on State Road 22, approximately a half-mile west of I-69, exit 259. The quarter-mile dirt oval is about halfway between Indianapolis and Fort Wayne, and attracts drivers and fans from all over the Midwest.
Attached Images
225415558_3861267600640213_4703826905328795413_n.jpg (90.6 KB, 5 views)

3 members like this post: 95KART, fish, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Big Five-Division Card on Tap Friday at Gas City