IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 1 dead in race car crash at Wall Stadium Speedway
8/18/14, 11:19 AM   #1
1 dead in race car crash at Wall Stadium Speedway
IndyBound

Sadly 21 year old Amanda Gambacorto died Saturday afternoon while participating in a driving clinic involving three quarter midget race cars. You can read more at wwwNJ.com & APP.com. I have to wonder if this will be a headline on Brian Williams evening news today. The APP.com story mentions the tragic accident that took Kevin Ward Jr.'s life, which I am going on record to say I don't think is right of that report to relate the two deaths.

I will also go on record to say I feel that was a tragic accident that wouldn't have gotten the coverage it did if Tony wasn't there . Sadly I feel Mr. Ward caused his own death and that tragic accident got the coverage it did because Tony was there that night. I only learned of this young girls death from another racing friend of mine posting the NJ.com article on facebook, I then found the related article. This has not become a national news story just as I felt Mr. Ward's death wouldn't have if he had been hit by another ESS driver. If only Mr Ward would have stayed in his car. This young girl was the only one in the car she died in, her death another tragic part of the sport we all love.

RIP Amanda,

Patti

8/18/14, 2:37 PM   #2
bn kleen

Sad news about that young lady. Prayers for her family. I do agree about the Ward case never would've been national news if the driver of the 45 would've hit him.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, rdzsprint
8/18/14, 2:47 PM   #3
Re: 1 dead in race car crash at Wall Stadium Speedway
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I got home Sunday morning at 1am to find this news posted by racing friends on FB.

All My thoughts and Prayers to the

NO, THIS IS NOT A MEDIA FRENZY
Why? It's not Tony Stewart involved.
Hasn't made any of the major cable networks and is probably only news in NJ/NY papers and I doubt more than a blurb on local news.

Sad but its true, The media only goes after stories they can hype, exploit and play for all its worth to create drama to keep people watching.

RIP Amanda.

4 members like this post: IndyBound, jim goerge, Phylo82, rdzsprint
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 1 dead in race car crash at Wall Stadium Speedway