Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bacon
6/24/23, 10:33 PM   #1
Bacon
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

The Beast went macho mode tonight

6/24/23, 11:39 PM   #2
EldoraMark

Congrats to Brady but It's a shame that Brady does not have a major sponsor on the side of his car. He is by far the best ambassador for USAC. Hopefully some company will see a chance to sponsor a champion team.

6/25/23, 7:22 AM   #3
Re: Bacon
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldoraMark View Post
Congrats to Brady but It's a shame that Brady does not have a major sponsor on the side of his car. He is by far the best ambassador for USAC. Hopefully some company will see a chance to sponsor a champion team.

Well it ought to say HOOSIER in big letters and with big $$$ behind it since they've possibly screwed him out of a championship. But that's just me.

6/26/23, 1:27 PM   #4
Daisy's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Well it ought to say HOOSIER in big letters and with big $$$ behind it since they've possibly screwed him out of a championship. But that's just me.
I don't get the connection, but I'm pretty much out of the loop here in AZ. Can you expand on that a little bit, Charles? On a related subject, what happened to his Fatheadz sponsorship? I noticed that missing from his car at Eastern Storm.

3 members like this post: Gene Franckowiak, Luvdirtracing, tirespinner
6/26/23, 2:52 PM   #5
Gene Franckowiak

Fatheadz is still on the car and the relationship continues. Rico Elmore is a huge supporter of auto racing on many levels. I feel privileged to call him a friend.

6/26/23, 3:33 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Thanks Gene, Because I honestly don't know. I did know Fatheadz still helps.

6/26/23, 9:12 PM   #7
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy's dad View Post
I don't get the connection, but I'm pretty much out of the loop here in AZ. Can you expand on that a little bit, Charles? On a related subject, what happened to his Fatheadz sponsorship? I noticed that missing from his car at Eastern Storm.
Hoosier has had issues with tires delaminating at a few races this year. Id say Knoxville was most notable

2 members like this post: Daisy's dad, tirespinner
6/26/23, 10:44 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
Hoosier has had issues with tires delaminating at a few races this year. Id say Knoxville was most notable
Grandview about ten laps in
Williams Grove. Also about ten laps in.

What's the point in a reversible tire if it won't last one race. Yeah, some may be the tracks, But grandview sure wasn't.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, mc/rider, PIT CART
6/26/23, 10:48 PM   #9
Daisy's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
Thanks, Mc/rider. I thought that might be what Charles was hinting at, but I wonder why the rest of the teams aren't having the same problems with those tires, at least as consistently. With 25 races still to go on the schedule, we're a long way from crowning a champion.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Hubie48, jonboat15, tirespinner
6/27/23, 2:05 PM   #10
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
How did they screw him? Aren't all of the teams running the same tire. How did they do something to just him? You seem a little obsessed with your hatred of Hoosier. Did someone beat you with a Hoosier tire when you were a kid?
If Brady would have blown an engine would you be saying that whoever manufactured the failed part screwed him? Brady is going to be just fine. He is a good racer, and as consistent as anyone.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bacon