IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Respect/Rules
7/26/22, 5:09 PM   #41
Re: USAC Respect/Rules
ShamrockRacin'48G

If Ballou would have delivered a dropkick to Leary, everyone reading this post knows Robert would home with a suspension. This is the whole point of the initial poster, USAC plays favorites, then wonders why some fans just won't look the other way. Levi wouldn't have allowed this to happen without addressing it publicly, not some secret backroom "discipline."

7/26/22, 5:30 PM   #42
flagboy55

76. I agree with you 💯 on the tweet deal. I hated it then and still do now. I’ve heard rational for it and while I understand that reasoning, I still don’t agree with it. Still no one has yet to criticize an organization where the official was the assailant.

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
7/26/22, 7:06 PM   #43
Will Shunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMA1181 View Post

I believe if there are fines, suspensions, warnings, or what have you, they don’t always need to be known for the public. It’s ok for not everyone to know all the details.
Amen!

2 members like this post: fish, Hustlin-Hoosier
7/26/22, 9:48 PM   #44
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrtracing View Post
Bobbie Ballou is the driver that everyone is so proud of for speaking his mind in public forums. He bitches about other drivers, race track conditions and everything else under the sun. He always lets us know he has a full time job (poor me). At Gas City he took out Darland, Bacon & Leary. They are 3 guys that will be in the Hall of Fame. I may have missed it but I haven’t heard a peep out of him. If he is such a stand up guy wouldn’t he apologize or at the very least offer some sort of explanation?
I believe if you watch the video Darland lost it in front of the field. If you watch the video Leary blew it and they both went for the same spit on the track. So actually the only incident in question should be Bacon. If you were sitting in the pit stands in three like I was it sure looked like Bacon went for a pass that it worked would have been fantastic. Did Ballou give him room??? No. Has Bacon ever done the same thing to someone??? Yes. I believe he actually did it last year to someone at GC during ISW.
HoF for Darland absolutely for Bacon probably please pump the brakes on Leary. He has a many titles as Ballou does so I guess that makes Ballou eligible in your eyes. Not sure what the Bobbie thing is about but if it make you feel better go ahead kung fu kick a picture of him and you can look like Leary. Btw when you fall on your a$$ make sure not to get hurt.

2 members like this post: bighd0522, flagboy55
7/26/22, 9:56 PM   #45
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
Why does it feel like we have revisionist history about the Ballou suspension. It wasn't one tweet. It was a series of tweets over a period of time.
What’s your point??

7/26/22, 10:32 PM   #46
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
What’s your point??

That it was detrimental when you got three tracks considering not hosting your product due to track bashing. clear enough?

7/27/22, 10:11 AM   #47
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
That it was detrimental when you got three tracks considering not hosting your product due to track bashing. clear enough?
As clear as my view from the Lawrenceburg dust storm of the first two heats on Sunday. This sounds like more of your insider hearsay Charles. Please if you can, list the three tracks and show the statement made publicly by those people who said they wouldn’t host a race. Facts now not hearsay. If indeed three track were willing to give up one of the few money making dates they have in a season then so be it.
Btw last nite at Kokomo was fantastic. Track prep was awesome and the racing reflected that. Hoping for another great nite at THAT. Wishing it doesn’t rain out. 🤞

1 member likes this post: PAW
7/27/22, 10:19 AM   #48
Greatful Ted

This is what happens when the FAT MAN is allowed to graze freely................started at Bubba's and it still continues

7/27/22, 10:41 AM   #49
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Eldora, burg and kokomo were the ones and it wasn't just tweets, it was standing right next to the promotor and bashing on the mic in some cases.

No, I don't know for a fact that any of them didn't consider not having USAC back. But it was clearly made known to USAC it was a major problem. Not just tweets, bashing on the mic after the race and such.

I like Robert, Last night was one of those, Yeah, he's among the best of the best and he isn't wrong in many cases. He's been a lot more tactful about saying, I hope they work the track or i had problems with some holes. He's a good guy, hard worker and helps others. Most know that.

Oh, Gee, Sorry Bacon ran thru the infield in four and dusted you out. Must of been the only person sitting at the top of the steps in one and two.

7/27/22, 1:33 PM   #50
Gene Franckowiak

Well, after reading all of your opinions on suspensions and such...how about this - USAC is losing its star power - Courtney, Windom, KTJ, Hunter, Zeb, etc......they really cannot afford to suspend the drivers who bring in the fans....its a business decision for them as they are not the once powerful organization they one were. I am a devout USAC supporter but also see that facts.....and the facts are that they cnnot afford to drive teams away....so they turn a blinf eye to it.

also, a second point - what if a team had brought a potential corporate sponsor to the event and the sponsor saw the kung fu act and decided he didn't want his company's name associated with the series.....sometime a person's actions can hurt others and they don't even think about that.
Last edited by Gene Franckowiak; 7/27/22 at 1:36 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Respect/Rules