IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown Owners
9/6/13, 10:20 PM   #21
HardyBoysRacing

Race Count Last Year: 10

Hardy Boys #114 formerly the #144 driven by Danny Ebberts, and #15 formerly the #53 Fox brothers car

9/7/13, 12:57 PM   #22
Re: Silver Crown Owners
John P Huss

#83 Champ Dirt Car was garaged this year.
Mike Stroehle Owner/Driver. In need of a engine for 2014.
Best Regards,
John

9/7/13, 2:59 PM   #23
BrentTFunk

[QUOTE=racephoto1;350480] As for owners, what I've been told is that they don't want anything to do with USAC. Seems like they've been stabbed so many times in the back, they don't want to get stabbed again. I wish someone would take over the series and give that boat a rudder.[/QUOTE}
Is There anybody even left with USAC that worked there when the Owners felt stabbed in the back? Those guys are long gone.
As for someone taking over the series the PRA tried and got zero support from the owners. The problems are bigger than you can solve by just blaming anyone.

3 members like this post: fish, opnwhlmnd, racinstacie
9/7/13, 3:54 PM   #24
usac99

You have the two Jasons there that failed in the PRA. Now they are trying to kill the Silver Crown series!!!!

9/7/13, 4:13 PM   #25
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by usac99 View Post
You have the two Jasons there that failed in the PRA. Now they are trying to kill the Silver Crown series!!!!
I'm confused, I thought Kevin Miller was the one trying to kill the Silver Crown series.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, IndyBound
9/7/13, 5:39 PM   #26
Jonr

As I have said many times, it is an issue of supply and demand. If the demand for SC races were greater, there would be more races. If the promoters knew that having a SC race was a money maker, they would do it. Reality is that the demand is low, and most promoters do not think there is enough money to host a race. Much less an "outlaw" SC race.

Reminds me of the 80's hair metal bands. They still tour, but instead of playing football stadiums they play in local bars. Is it the manager's fault? Is it radio's fault? Is it the promoter's fault? Or is just supply and demand dictating where they play?

Finally, anyone know what is racing at Knoxville tonight?

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, EPSpeed, fish, Pine
9/7/13, 6:29 PM   #27
SpfldMile

The truth is if 10-12 cars start showing up, then races and possibly seasons will get cancelled. Then what good was it to keep the car garaged, there's nowhere to race it and no one to sell it to.

As far as supply and demand, there are thousands upon thousands of people that go and watch 500 mile parades on asphalt every weekend. I can't help but think that with some decent marketing those fans wouldn't like to see the best open wheelers haul it into the corners for 100 miles.

9/7/13, 7:53 PM   #28
mr nobody
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by usac99 View Post
So I will ask this: Why are you trying to apply logic to this discussion?

2 members like this post: monkeyboy, racephoto1
9/7/13, 8:00 PM   #29
mr nobody
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Is There anybody even left with USAC that worked there when the Owners felt stabbed in the back? Those guys are long gone.
As for someone taking over the series the PRA tried and got zero support from the owners. The problems are bigger than you can solve by just blaming anyone.
http://www.scrafan.com/press/2007/pra070409.html

You're so right. They only got 16 lousy cars for this event. Oh wait, they only had 14 for the Ted Horn 100 this year. Oh it's the owners fault now isn't it? Just for the record: 16>0 so that pretty much shoots your "PRA got zero support from the owners" and by owners I take it you mean car owners.

1 member likes this post: SC90
9/8/13, 8:54 AM   #30
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr nobody View Post
http://www.scrafan.com/press/2007/pra070409.html

You're so right. They only got 16 lousy cars for this event. Oh wait, they only had 14 for the Ted Horn 100 this year. Oh it's the owners fault now isn't it? Just for the record: 16>0 so that pretty much shoots your "PRA got zero support from the owners" and by owners I take it you mean car owners.
Wasn't saying it was anybodies fault. I was saying they weren't interested. Contrary to what some chose to believe this is not a new problem. In the early 80's interest was down. Then Hewitt and Hampshire stirred things up a little. Then some people saw this as a NASCAR ticket and things grew. Even when the car counts were higher, sadly the crowds were about the same. I wish I knew what could fix it, as I really like these races, and support them as much as I can. Maybe the best way to fix it is to buy a ticket. See you at the 4 crown.

2 members like this post: fish, opnwhlmnd
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown Owners