IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tracks For Sale
10/12/14, 10:18 PM   #1
Tracks For Sale
hairracer44

Is there any word on Gas City Assuming it is for sale or lease as well as Paragon those are the only two I know. I really would hate to see Gas City go dark next year and if Paragon is sold or leased I hope they would be smart enough to not change the regular shows.

10/12/14, 11:03 PM   #2
treecitytornado

I also heard Whitewater may be up for grabs again.

10/12/14, 11:11 PM   #3
Re: Tracks For Sale
Justigit

Please don't shoot the messenger but I did hear this past weekend that Gas City may be running some special events next season, something on the order that Kokomo does. I would assume that to mean at least Kiss, USAC Midget week, USAC reg. sprint show, USAC Sprint Week, Lew Morgan Memorial and maybe a few others..... some races would be better than none I guess and I will keep my hopes up that they do open up next spring. Have not heard anything about Paragon though

3 members like this post: EBookerFan, FishBurger, Gregg
10/15/14, 12:51 PM   #4
ASPHALT24

I would not be surprised if Winchester either turns up closed or sold in the near future the way they run that place. They don't even have the results of this past Sunday's Winchester 400 on the website. Pretty sad considering that race is considered one of the biggest pavement late model races in the nation.

10/15/14, 2:38 PM   #5
Stevensville Mike

While we are on the topic...... from a previous thread:

Merritt Raceway & South Bend Motor Speedway are still up for the taking. $550,000 & $850,000 respectively.

http://www.racingjunk.com/Tracks-Rea...-Speedway.html

http://www.racesouthbendmotorspeedwa...rsaleflyer.pdf

10/15/14, 6:41 PM   #6
old time Hoosier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justigit View Post
Please don't shoot the messenger but I did hear this past weekend that Gas City may be running some special events next season, something on the order that Kokomo does. I would assume that to mean at least Kiss, USAC Midget week, USAC reg. sprint show, USAC Sprint Week, Lew Morgan Memorial and maybe a few others..... some races would be better than none I guess and I will keep my hopes up that they do open up next spring. Have not heard anything about Paragon though
A Lew Morgan Memorial got my attention as I did not know that Mr. Morgan had any connection to Gas City. He at one time did own the old Armscamp Speedway near Alexandria and also owned a fleet of midgets back in the heyday of the late 1940's and early 1950's. Did he have any connection to Gas City?

10/15/14, 7:53 PM   #7
trooper

I heard the same about Gas City from a VERY reliable source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justigit View Post

10/15/14, 8:13 PM   #8
EldoraMark

Rumors is that Mr and Mrs Mowerman is promoting the track. Mrs. doing the scoring Mowerman is doing the flagging ( trying to fit that lawn chair up in the flag stand) Jade is doing the security. Admission is a 12 pack of BUD and 1 dog biscuit If you are five feet and under you get in free.
(that is J Hoover idea)

10/15/14, 9:33 PM   #9
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Technically speaking , probably EVERY race track is for sale ( for the right price). Except for ELDORA and knoxville and I could b wrong about knoxville .

10/15/14, 9:52 PM   #10
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldoraMark View Post
Rumors is that Mr and Mrs Mowerman is promoting the track. Mrs. doing the scoring Mowerman is doing the flagging ( trying to fit that lawn chair up in the flag stand) Jade is doing the security. Admission is a 12 pack of BUD and 1 dog biscuit If you are five feet and under you get in free.
(that is J Hoover idea)
Couldnt help yourself could you

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Pine
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tracks For Sale