IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Vintage Classifieds > Chevy-2 Engine as is; and/or chassis kit
6/11/16, 11:57 AM   #1
Chevy-2 Engine as is; and/or chassis kit
jdull99

“80s/early 90s-era” Chevy-2 Engine; For Sale - as is (ASSEMBLED) - $2888.24

Ok for indoors, vintage, & still legal outdoors for POWRi, ARDC, etc

(...everything was in the works to run it "locally"; before rules outlawed it...lol. GM block, so good luck if your area would allow it to run with the modern 2.4s! lol)

Professional assembled; standard procedures and with BRAND NEW rings, bearings, gaskets, valve springs (JUST broke in, one weekend old - seriously!), etc. Lifters, rockers, etc were all recently updated (NOT as old as the 80s/90s...lol). Magneto was also JUST serviced.

All the parts, that are steel (head is alumn Arias), were Magnetic Practical Inspected

Blue-printed the following - crank, valve stems & guides, valve spring height, valve to piston clearance, etc, etc.; all measured to spec

Cylinders honed

Block & head surfaced

"competition valve job"

etc, etc

If I didn't list it, please just ask!

COMPLETE "Air-filter to oil pan". No bolt or engine part would be missing to install in your car. Header, side-cover, etc. I have no need for anything to do with this "National engine" around...(lol). The water pump & oil pump bolt off the front & its all included.

I would guess approx 275hp maybe. Never afforded a dyno...you can dyno it at jamrracingengines.net (or your place of choice) - off the crank - for $400 (or if your place is cheaper, go ahead).

I have no idea how many races the "hard parts" have ran...no sign of any major repairs tho...

Come check it out & see exactly what you would be getting! 61115 Zip code. 90miles West of Chicago, just below WI border - close to the Rockford Speedway pavement (but dirt end of June! Lol) track. Come put your eye on it. I suppose I'd drive to the Chicago, Madison, Milwaukee, Bloomington, Galena IL areas if that is what it took to meet after someone put a deposit down...I would LOVE to see that this engine gets back on track again; after all the time, effort, money, etc. put into it...Let's make a deal!

If you want the motorplate, fuel pump, Power-steering pump, dry sump tank, lines, etc; AND even a straight/no known cracks, etc 34" 1999 Stealth coil front/bar rear chassis (ONLY) - with maybe some "trinkets" bolted on if that’s what it takes for a sale - $4444.

Everything above with a chassis “kit” (radius rods & heims, front axle only, rear tank & bladder – other odds & ends if you come pick them out AT THE SHOP – NOT VIA ANY OTHER COMMINICATION EFFORT…LOL) - $5600
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 7/12/16 at 2:42 AM.

9/19/16, 10:35 PM   #2
Stant

Can you send pics?

9/21/16, 7:51 AM   #3
stpripper

I thought this was sold

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Vintage Classifieds > Chevy-2 Engine as is; and/or chassis kit