IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What happened to the Honda thing?
4/9/14, 2:24 PM   #11
Re: What happened to the Honda thing?
DAD

Leohr

Unless the engineer is a software engineer, Then a machinest doesn't help much. I was blessed to know a machinest-engineer and yes he could out think most mechanical engineers. I can relate to mechanical engineers, civil engineers, but I for one have not got a clue as to what my son does. I know it has something to do with them cash registers in all the big filling stations and how they count money and call up the armored car people when they need to drop a load.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 4/9/14 at 2:30 PM.

4/9/14, 2:51 PM   #12
Leohr46

Dad,
I was just having a little fun with you. If your around a machine shop much its a on going battle between machinist and engineers. We dish out as much crap to each other as possible in the shop that I'm a forman at.

4/9/14, 2:58 PM   #13
DAD

Leohr

I like to stir things between different tradsmen etc. "A mechanical engineer is just a machinest without all the practical math knowledge and manual dexterity."

Honest Dad himself

4/9/14, 3:09 PM   #14
Leohr46

Lol. Will have to remember that.

4/9/14, 3:57 PM   #15
MC@Performance Fab

LOL..a person should never be allowed to be an engineer without first spending a couple years trying building the stupid crap that engineers come up with.

4 members like this post: DAD, mowerman, PatrickMead#13, sc96
4/9/14, 4:06 PM   #16
DAD

Mac

Sophomore engineering students are usually required to take a machine shop course for a semester as well as an engineering drawing class. Hands on practice for a couple of months before they tell the machinest what they want them to do, and the machinest tells them no way.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 4/9/14 at 4:07 PM.

4/9/14, 4:52 PM   #17
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC@Performance Fab View Post
LOL..a person should never be allowed to be an engineer without first spending a couple years trying building the stupid crap that engineers come up with.
Or, as your Automotive Service Technician would add, fix the darn thing.

steiny

1 member likes this post: DAD
4/9/14, 5:20 PM   #18
DAD

Steiny

We just go to our All-Data it tells us just how we are supposed to do it, complete with out of vehicle pictures ever once in a while for clarity, no pics they assume we already know how to do it. But then it will also tell us we will need a Kent-Moore XEJ-6969ru tool to get at it.

Now we got cars that you have to take the intake off to replace the starter, or pull a drive axle out to replace an alternator.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 4/10/14 at 11:28 AM.

4/9/14, 6:09 PM   #19
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Steiny

We just go to our All-Data it tells us just how we are supposed to do it, complete with out of vehicle pictures ever once in a while for clarity, no pics they assume we already know how to do it. But then it will also tell us we will need a Kent-Moore XEJ-6969ru tool to get at it.

Honest Dad himself
I come from the pre-computer days. Like 60's era Pontiacs & Buicks which required the removal of the right front inner fender to replace the heater core or blower motor. Or 70's era Chevy Monza V8's which required that the left motor mount be disconnected and the motor raised to change the #3 spark plug.

steiny

4/9/14, 10:47 PM   #20
DAD

Steiny

Been there done that. We would take a panel slitter make a couple of in-cessions, roll the inner fender panel back, do the deed roll the inner fender back put a couple of bolts back in and move on. A ways working that darned flat rate. Me and the guys were talking about those self de-cambering Vegas and Monzas. I couldn't think what they called the bar they put between the strut towers? Was it Transport bar?

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 4/9/14 at 10:51 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What happened to the Honda thing?