IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #11 7/21/19 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by Kydehart:
I don’t think the race was bad. And a couple heat races were excellent. Definitely no instant classic and there was zero race for 1st or 2nd, that’s true.

But like you said, I’m just happy I got to see a race I didn’t expect to. Between the weather and the fact that I was originally supposed to work I didn’t expect to see this race at all. All in all it was a good night.
Trust me, it wasn't meant as a bash. If teams had more time, might have been different, if there'd been proper time to water and run in, may have been different.

However, Like said, Weather emminent! Show done from anthem to checker in 1:45

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: flagboy55, Kydehart, oppweld
Leroy Jenkins (Offline)
  #12 7/22/19 12:08 AM
Lowest car count of sprint week so far as usual at the burg, shocker
smith19 (Offline)
  #13 7/22/19 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins:
Lowest car count of sprint week so far as usual at the burg, shocker
is it because of the huge 3/8 mile track. just asking for a friend...

CHRIS SMITH
2 Likes: Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
Leroy Jenkins (Offline)
  #14 7/22/19 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by smith19:
is it because of the huge 3/8 mile track. just asking for a friend...
Probably because it's always so rough
Kydehart (Offline)
  #15 7/22/19 1:00 AM
Probably because it's always so rough
I know you’re just here to troll but the burg has been one of the smoothest tracks in the state this year. The new dirt has cut down tremendously on the bumps getting into the corners.
4 Likes: addictedtodirt, chrismattlin, fish, Tony74
IndianaSprintFan (Offline)
  #16 7/22/19 1:32 AM
I thought it was a pretty good race. The battle for 3-6 was pretty wild at times. Car count was pretty disappointing. Normally doesn’t bother me but something about 30 cars for ISW kinda stinks. That’s about the lowest I can ever remember outside of Terre Haute
3 Likes: billw, Charles Nungester, tirespinner
Gregg (Offline)
  #17 7/22/19 7:48 AM
You are delusional
I will take Buzzkills for $1000, Alex.
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, FishBurger, luckybuc97, opnwhlmnd, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
Wingman (Offline)
  #18 7/22/19 7:53 AM
L-Burg did a great job moving the program along. I thought it was not going to happen after the flip in turn 4. Track condition was good. I got home expecting to shake dust off my clothes. No dust at all.

The race was a parade. I probably was most impressed with Carson Short. He was mixing it up with the big money teams up front. He is a wheelman.
7 Likes: 2rock21, Charles Nungester, Hamby454, i love dirt track racing, mc/rider, Simon_says17, tirespinner
Rob11 (Offline)
  #19 7/22/19 8:02 AM
On the road by 10. It made our gamble a good one. As has been mentioned, it was a great job by the decision makers to get it in before the rain. Did the Mods get to run their feature?
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, tirespinner
nodramazone20 (Offline)
  #20 7/22/19 3:58 PM
Agreed, well done by those involved getting the race in....A few observations:

The jumping of the starts at the NOS can needs to be fixed. I think at least 2 of the 4 heats had to restart, and that takes extra time in a situation they did not have time. Penalize the one who jumped without a warning and this will take care of that.

Heat Races take way too long to line up and run. Push off, run a lap, then get in line and go green...Again, wasting time you did not have last night.

The running of the B between Mod heats was outstanding and should be done more often..IMO

The point is this, show should have been over 15 - 20 min earlier if these 'little things" can get cleaned up.

All and all, very good show