IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > KAMP SPEEDWAY REOPENING 2014! Bank excepted offer & MORE.
11/5/13, 8:24 PM   #31
sprintsrule

Best news!! Henry's was a great place to watch races back in the day, but was glad when they went back to dirt....pavement is for getting TO the races! They do have a lot of work obviously....they will get it done. Look what Indy looked like back in the day(not comparing the uncomparable)...give it time and a lot of support!

1 member likes this post: KENDALLRACING
11/5/13, 8:33 PM   #32
Re: KAMP SPEEDWAY REOPENING 2014! Bank excepted offer & MORE
UberKuhlMan

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 70

Awesome news! It was always one of the Indiana tracks I was afraid I'd never see. This is great and hopefully we can get some kind of Open Wheel race there next season! KC reopens, Kamp reopens, what's next?

11/5/13, 8:51 PM   #33
Hotshoe65s

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberKuhlMan View Post
Awesome news! It was always one of the Indiana tracks I was afraid I'd never see. This is great and hopefully we can get some kind of Open Wheel race there next season! KC reopens, Kamp reopens, what's next?
Kentucky Lake Motor Speedway in Calvert City, KY is also opening back up in 2014. It is also rumored that Route 66 Raceway in Joliet, IL might be opening back up.

3 members like this post: Buster51, nathans1012, sprintsrule
11/10/13, 7:40 PM   #34
Nialith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
This track is in dirt late model country as well as open wheel territory. Now, the next race I promote will be the first, but I would think this place could successfully cater to both genre's on a regular basis. Plus, by the looks of it's location there shouldn't be any problems with urban sprawl or a population concentration close enough to cause trouble.
It's located way out in the country and the only problem they will have is incurring the wrath of my mother who lives about a 1000 feet to the east. She isn't a fan of the noise and dust on those Saturday nights and was delighted when it closed down so I can't wait to tell her the track is reopening. I'm hoping it does well, I spent so many Saturday nights there watching friends and relatives run.

Way back it ran a figure 8 race as well which was just crazy to watch. I would love to see the Late Models come back as they were always my favorite. The concerns about the walls are valid though as I watched a friends dad, Gerry Gobel, put his late model over the wall pretty easily. Hadn't been there since it changed back to dirt and pulled the pits out of the middle, so maybe that part has changed.

2 members like this post: KENDALLRACING, nathans1012
11/10/13, 7:40 PM   #35
7jackpot

Wish u would consider running sportsman/indiana super stock again. We raced there in the past years and would like to race there again. I know of quite a few in this class that are wanting to race there again.

3 members like this post: dirttracker51, KENDALLRACING, nathans1012
11/10/13, 8:27 PM   #36
19racer

From a post I seen today they are for sure running Ump Mods and stock cars, pure streets, and 4 cyl. More info will be released on race star in dec.
late model weekly racing is a thing of the past I believe. If they plan on running sprints or midgets shows they need a lot of safety improvements before that will happen. I honestly don't see any special shows for them or lm for least a year or two to try and get a revenue built. im sure they would be all for it if someone wanted to sponsor the show.

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
11/15/13, 10:55 AM   #37
dirttracker51

I only live 3miles from the track and own a super stock. What a shame after. 30 yrs of going there and working there I still can't run there. We will see how it goes. Lot of sportsmans sitting cause of no were to run close by

11/17/13, 3:01 PM   #38
Torry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nialith View Post

Way back it ran a figure 8 race as well which was just crazy to watch. I would love to see the Late Models come back as they were always my favorite. The concerns about the walls are valid though as I watched a friends dad, Gerry Gobel, put his late model over the wall pretty easily. Hadn't been there since it changed back to dirt and pulled the pits out of the middle, so maybe that part has changed.
What made the figure-8 show interesting was that there were cars pitting in the infield.

The place had horrible drainage problems.

11/20/13, 12:30 AM   #39
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

JUST GOT WORD A FEW MINUTES AGO. GREAT NEWS FANS AND COMPETITORS.
The Benton County Board has approved the sale of KAMP MTOR SPEEDWAY in Boswell, Indiana to Street Stock driver #II Michael Daugherty and WILL RE-OPEN in the spring of 2014. I will post it here and on 4m when rules, payouts, ect are released. He hopes to have rules done by mid December.

4 members like this post: dirtball, KENDALLRACING, racing2bwithu2, Spi-nex
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > KAMP SPEEDWAY REOPENING 2014! Bank excepted offer & MORE.