IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > So What Ended Clauson's Day At Indy?
5/29/12, 10:08 AM   #1
So What Ended Clauson's Day At Indy?
miledirt

I know he spun...but he did come back out on the track for a few laps.

What eventually took him out?

5/29/12, 10:53 AM   #2
Re: So What Ended Clauson's Day At Indy?
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
I know he spun...but he did come back out on the track for a few laps.

What eventually took him out?
Was listening on the scanner. He said it was wicked loose. They brought him into the pits several times for adjustments but I dont think it helped. He looked visibly slower than most of the other cars after the spin so in my not so expert opinion it was handling.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

5/29/12, 11:42 AM   #3
Bubzilla

They call it the 105% rule.

The leaders were running 218-ish at the time, so all cars had to be turning at least about 207.6 a lap or faster in order to be allowed to continue running.

5/29/12, 11:46 AM   #4
SETracing

Race Count This Year: 57

We were sitting in turn two and it looked liked something in the rearend locked up. They put he's car on the wrecker because the rear wheels wouldn't move. So I'm thinking gearbox because he was off the track for about 30mins after the spin. Wish his result would have been better but still one of the best 500s I have seen.

Matt Schuck
SETracing

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: leonhaupt
5/29/12, 1:46 PM   #5
mortboyz

Not a bad payday at $258,055. Probably a little better that he cashed at the fairgrounds Friday night
Curious to know what percentage IndyCar drivers make these days.
Still very happy and proud for Bryan, his family and SFHR for making the show

5/29/12, 2:48 PM   #6
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

Goes without saying, the car was never the same after the spin. Another scary moment after he returned to the track after repairs, in turn one he moved high to let the lead pack thru and got so high up in the grey he almost lost it again. A shame for BC, but then again, i remember another open wheel Champions first year at the Speedway and it was just as tough for Rich Vogler not to try and back it in the first turn, but not much cushion at IMS. Hoping, like Rich, it's not Bryan's only shot and we get another chance next year to root him on. ACES to SFHR for giving 2 young guns their shot at Indy, i hope a 1/2 million $$$ will keep them racing all year...but next year i'm looking for a seat in the shade, bob

6 members like this post: duel, jdull99, Jimmydiesel, mowerman, RichH, SETracing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > So What Ended Clauson's Day At Indy?