IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is the Kokomo Klash Sprint entry fee fair?
10/12/11, 7:14 PM   #11
treecitytornado

Brian,

You are just a crew chief, not an owner or driver. So thanks,but no thanks. If you were paying the bills you would be more than welcome. In this tough enconomy we need to help the lower budget teams.
Posted via Mobile Device

10/12/11, 7:15 PM   #12
Re: Is the Kokomo Klash Sprint entry fee fair
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
I didn't know so many race fans on IOW also were drivers and owners. And now we have another person suggesting that we stay home. Sounds like a great solution to dwindling car counts. You people have no idea what it takes to run a race team. And furthermore, several of you apparently flunked reading comprehension.
How much was the entry fee at Granite City last weekend Don?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: GFMMInc, jim goerge
10/12/11, 7:23 PM   #13
Bill Gardner
Administrator

I think it is very simple...

Using WBR's format for figuring backgate revenue, the backgate revenue is $12,600 without entry fees.
4 classes
30 cars/class (How many cars showed up last year?)
3.5 people/car (I believe this is the average that most promoters use)
$30 pitpass

Total feature payouts (20 cars) for Sprint Cars, Midgets, Mini-Sprints and Thunder Cars is $18,464

Basic Math...
$12,600
-$18,464
-$5,864

Even with the entry fees it's still a negative number.

Of course, no one "likes" an entry fee... but I'd say it's "fair".

Oh BTW... it's my website, I'll post wherever I want.

10/12/11, 7:42 PM   #14
wideopen24

For once im glad mr.stapp posted this....I truely had no idea there was an entry fee and no matter what the math is i think its bullcrap....charging the entertainment to entertain....and people wonder why this sport is dying
Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: dant, MWestfallfan54, Russ, SPRINTCAR
10/12/11, 7:53 PM   #15
treecitytornado

Thank you Mr. Simon.
Posted via Mobile Device

10/12/11, 8:19 PM   #16
supdh56

Paragon Speedway proved years ago that sprint car owners will race for nothing so what is the surprise? And yes I still own a car and would gladly let Brian Cripe drive it any time you want to race against him. ....Pesident of DHRT

1 member likes this post: Z-man
10/12/11, 8:21 PM   #17
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

I really don't understand this disagreement. People get on here and b**** all the time cause midgets are dying. So Kokomo, one of the few tracks who run midgets without usac is trying to give us midget races. So they have to come up with a way to pay that extra purse. So we can watch midget races. If they don't break even. Then we might lose the klash. Which is one of my favorite races of the year.make up that 20$ somewhere else. Like pack a cooler. Just an idea... if it was 100$ I could see the b****ing problem. But 20-30$ will be the cheapest thing you have to pay all night... I hope this 20$ won't stop many people from coming.
Posted via Mobile Device

10/12/11, 8:26 PM   #18
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideopen24 View Post
For once im glad mr.stapp posted this....I truely had no idea there was an entry fee and no matter what the math is i think its bullcrap....charging the entertainment to entertain....and people wonder why this sport is dying
Posted via Mobile Device
Didn't they have entry fees in the good ole days? The reason the sport is hurting is because the cars cost too much. If you compare racing to other forms of entertainment it is not cheap. When racing thrived it was cheap entertainment. That is not at all the fault of the racers. They are paying what they have to to race. JT maybe you can remind Mr Moore that there was no entry the night your buddy didn't pay him at Montpelier.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Z-man
10/12/11, 8:30 PM   #19
wtvwrocks

Since it was earlier stated that this race is promoted by someone other than Kokomo staff its not fair to voice complaints under the veil of "kokomo isn't fair". This would be the promoters option to charge any sort of fee. If you're going to disagree with this decision then you need to direct it at the person/company behind it.

Just pointing that out, this would be a promoters choice, not the tracks.

Sacha

1 member likes this post: cowboyhar69
10/12/11, 8:33 PM   #20
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Lmao no sheet metal or door classes to pad the purse you wanna run for big u gonna pay big to do it jmo
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: awnunn
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is the Kokomo Klash Sprint entry fee fair?