IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Turkey Night has gone cold and bitter
11/28/07, 12:38 PM   #81
Re: Turkey Night has gone cold and bitter
Pat O'Connor Fan

I talked to Scott about his disappearance from IOW at Kamp this past summer. He explained a problem that had led to his decision to quit posting on IOW. He has posted occasionally on Midget Madness since.
IIRC, he indicated he would likely "return" when the season was over, and he had more time for such activities. Scott and Bill are two guys I always enjoy BSing with when I see them in the pits.

11/29/07, 5:18 AM   #82
CA Grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfish View Post
I should have known better than to lower myself and get involved in this, or any conversation on here.

I never said a word about being jealous of money. Never said a word about 15-year-olds killing grown men. Never said a word about karting.

My point is, I wish I had a dollar for everytime I've heard these two sentences: "It's just not the way it used to be. It's no fun anymore." That's where my anger comes from. I look back and have extremely fond memories of things, and what I see now bears little resemblance to those memories. That's what I don't like. I guess I just tend to put a lot more stock in old, accomplished faces. The fact that a lot of the posters -- and people I've angered -- on here are newer faces makes it quite unsurprising that my opinons aren't popular.

Things are always changing, and sprint car racing is not immune. But sprint car racing is something that I hold very dear, and I just don't like the changes I've seen.

I'm done.
If you didn't say it I'm gonna have to eat your words. These words below are directly from your earlier post. What exactly does it mean?

I am sick of watching 15-year-old boys and girls drive machines that have been killing grown men for over 50 years. I am sick of the sprint car pit area looking like a

11/29/07, 10:47 AM   #83
Joe Kidd

It's the new AGE movement.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Turkey Night has gone cold and bitter