IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Turkey Night has gone cold and bitter
11/25/07, 1:47 AM   #41
Re: Turkey Night has gone cold and bitter
Joe Kidd

Looks like Linda just filed for divorce against the Hulkster. DANG! Looks like Nick will not be able to race that Toyota Supra now. :idea: Well unless he goes with his rich Mommy.

11/25/07, 9:09 AM   #42
cecil98

Tim and Sean obviously saw the same event through a different set of lenses. Tim has a vested interest in what is happening on the track and would surely find the action more exciting. He has family out there racing. That's what I would call an "excusable" bias. If my kid was out there, I would probably have seen it differently than Sean, as well. However, if I were to choose between Sean or Tim's opinion on whether it was a good show and worth the money, I would lean toward Sean because he doesn't really have a dog in this fight. Sean is not without bias either, but his bias is his general preference for dirt in most cases (as is mine). Tim on the other hand is working on a master plan and that plan ultimately includes pavement almost exclusively in the future. So, of course, Tim would think it was a great show and worth the $65 pit pass. I'm going to go with Sean on this one and save the time, travel and $$$$$$ it takes to attend that event.

11/25/07, 11:26 AM   #43
dfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
Oh yeah, who are the rich kids with rich dads using dirt as a stepping stone? ... I'm tired of people being jealous of those with money.
Nuggets of wisdom from exactly the type of individual I referred to in my last post.

11/25/07, 11:37 AM   #44
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfish View Post
Nuggets of wisdom from exactly the type of individual I referred to in my last post.
Life is way too short to allow ourselves to become that miserable.:action-smiley-049:

11/25/07, 11:47 AM   #45
Tim Clauson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil98 View Post
Tim and Sean obviously saw the same event through a different set of lenses. Tim has a vested interest in what is happening on the track and would surely find the action more exciting. He has family out there racing. That's what I would call an "excusable" bias. If my kid was out there, I would probably have seen it differently than Sean, as well. However, if I were to choose between Sean or Tim's opinion on whether it was a good show and worth the money, I would lean toward Sean because he doesn't really have a dog in this fight. Sean is not without bias either, but his bias is his general preference for dirt in most cases (as is mine). Tim on the other hand is working on a master plan and that plan ultimately includes pavement almost exclusively in the future. So, of course, Tim would think it was a great show and worth the $65 pit pass. I'm going to go with Sean on this one and save the time, travel and $$$$$$ it takes to attend that event.

It amazes me how you know me better then myself... If Bryan never drove a race car again it would not stop me from spending my hard earned money attending these events. remember while i am carrying out this "master plan" I have attended more dirt races with no "vested" interest except my love for the sport in the past yearthen I have pavement races with a vested interest. In fact I changed flights and glad I did to witness Jerry Coooooons Jr's "best sprint car drive ever" at Manzanita. At heart I am a dirt sprint car guy but bottom line is I love it all.

Do I agree with the prices ? No especially when they were printed on the mail out from USAC. Did I get my moneys worth ? Hell yea even spending the extra $20.

I respect Sean's opinion but bottom line is This race produced one of if not the highest car counts of the season for USAC Midgets (dirt or pavement). The stands were packed the pits were packed If I want USAC Midget racing to survive these are the events we need to see survive.

I guess if I only watched Darlands run out front I might of walked away a little underwhelmed but being the newbie I am to this sport of auto racing I screwed up and watched the guys racing for position a little further back in the pack and got to watch some pretty outstanding drives from deep in the field and some great 4 and 5 car battles for top 10 positions. Next year being a grizzly veteren I might just sit home wait for updates and then ***** about an event I didn't even see.

Now back to the "master Plan" .....

Tim

11/25/07, 12:22 PM   #46
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Next year being a grizzly veteren I might just sit home wait for updates and then ***** about an event I didn't even see.

Now back to the "master Plan" ....

:rolling::rolling:

11/25/07, 12:35 PM   #47
racerdad

:applaud: As a Father of one of those racers out there it becomes vary discouraging watching all the negitive posting as I was not able to attend the race. thanks Tim for your imput and always looking at the bright side!

11/25/07, 2:26 PM   #48
Joe Kidd

I think some people just don't like seeing people or an organization(s) be successful.

11/25/07, 2:52 PM   #49
Millsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Clauson View Post
Do I agree with the prices ? No especially when they were printed on the mail out from USAC. Did I get my moneys worth ? Hell yea even spending the extra $20.
Wait, Tim...is that a typo? Was the cost of the pit pass printed on the USAC mailer? One thing I should point out, if you did spend the 65 bones on the pit pass, you were entitled to a free Thanksgiving dinner via the Ford hospitality tent. Perhaps that was "included in the price".
-vbsarcasticg-

I know this...I was hassled at every turn just trying to do my job Thursday. I mean, a certain amount of questioning my legitimacy comes with the territory when you travel to a different racetrack each week. But rarely do I see the kind of wholesale resistance I saw at Turkey Night, just to cover the event for highlights on television, and the Internet. Oh well...I will just chalk it up to being part of the gig.

DM

11/25/07, 3:33 PM   #50
tjtomthumb

I'm curious, what was the prices last year? As I understand it, the unwelcomed parking fees, both motor home and spectator, were added this year, but what was the cost of a pit pass last year?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Turkey Night has gone cold and bitter