IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > History Mystery Man
3/28/22, 10:40 PM   #1
History Mystery Man
flagboy55

Some of you I’m sure are familiar with YouTube content provider the History Mystery Man. He has some superb interviews with the likes of Jack Hewitt, Karl Kinser, Steve Kinser, the Hoffman’s, just to name a few. Last week he came and interviewed my friend Steve Truchan. Any of you who love racing history, especially towards the Offenhauser era will want to check this out. The first of a, I think 3 part episode came up today. If you want to know a little bit more about those days, give it a visit and hit the “like “ button. You won’t be disappointed. Thanks

3/28/22, 11:58 PM   #2
PIT CART

I also highly recommend the history mystery man.🏁🏁

3/29/22, 8:59 AM   #3
Re: History Mystery Man
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

His car, can do what he want, But my question to Keith Ford is why wouldn't he want BIG Bertha restored and placed in the National Sprint Car HOF.. Loved the segment and how Karl got the Big Block to breath and others couldn't.

3/29/22, 9:55 AM   #4
TQ29m

I've only seen one so far, about Allen Barr, I helped crew on the car, Boom Boom Cannon, Kinser, and the beginning of wings, not much for pretty, but big on cubes, and no doping of tires, and Yeadon added a fifth wheel to his former indy car, those were the as good as it got years, course a flathead Ford with a Clay Smith X cam was music to my ears, even had one in my A coupe.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, DaveP63, Ken Bonnema, sw1911, tirespinner
3/29/22, 2:14 PM   #5
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Some of you I’m sure are familiar with YouTube content provider the History Mystery Man. He has some superb interviews with the likes of Jack Hewitt, Karl Kinser, Steve Kinser, the Hoffman’s, just to name a few. Last week he came and interviewed my friend Steve Truchan. Any of you who love racing history, especially towards the Offenhauser era will want to check this out. The first of a, I think 3 part episode came up today. If you want to know a little bit more about those days, give it a visit and hit the “like “ button. You won’t be disappointed. Thanks
Merrilville Al Took me to Truchan's shop once. What a cool place and a cool guy. Just heard about this site a couple of days ago. May check it out later. Heard nothing but good.

4 members like this post: DaveP63, Dirtfan, duel, tirespinner
3/29/22, 2:54 PM   #6
duel

The History M man did a show on my family's speedway last year. It was pretty good I thought.

3/29/22, 3:51 PM   #7
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Merrilville Al Took me to Truchan's shop once. What a cool place and a cool guy. Just heard about this site a couple of days ago. May check it out later. Heard nothing but good.
Well worth the time to watch all of his videos…. They’re all excellent

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

3/29/22, 6:50 PM   #8
Will Shunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
When not streaming dirt racing on FLO, I am watching Don's HMM episodes. His 3 part on his hero (& mine), Rollie Beale, was awesome. Give it a look.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, DaveP63, luckybuc97, PIT CART, tirespinner
3/29/22, 8:57 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
Surprised he didn't do a story on the Ranch, I hear the walls can talk

4/2/22, 12:34 PM   #10
410fuelinjected

Just watched the Karl Kinser interview & this seams to be the place to relieve the life adventures from yesteryear by the people who lived them. Will definitely will return.

3 members like this post: cowboyhar69, DaveP63, luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > History Mystery Man