IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bryan Clauson qualifies for Indianapolis 500
5/21/12, 5:09 PM   #21
Re: Bryan Clauson qualifies for Indianapolis 500
Gregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelKT View Post
I wouldn't take the drop in speed as a worry. There was no need to push anything given there would be no bumping. Also, the team had to really play it safe with equipment. I'm sure the car had much more if it was needed. I don't blame them for tightening the car down (put all the down force you can dial into it) and just running the 4 laps. Running over 220 wasn't going to do much given what happened. Servia and Carpenter don't crash, but did, happens. They are vets so their teams weren't as conservative. SFHR is smart, just get it in.
I think I read on Facebook where they were running close to where they were by the end of the day yesterday. From the sound of it they didn't have much time to sort out the 'fixed' car. Sarah said they sent him out there with a ton of downforce just to get him in the show.

Who knows. Maybe in hindsight the car stepping out on him may not have been a bad thing. It's a harsh lesson but if he learned something about the car...

I'm just glad he's in the show. My wife's brother-in-law ended up with an extra ticket so it looks like I will be up there on race day cheering him on.

5/21/12, 7:26 PM   #22
Bubzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalmeister View Post

not much luck posting photos lately, trying again.......
Let's see how this works (trying to help you get it posted):

[IMG][/IMG]
Last edited by Bubzilla; 5/21/12 at 7:28 PM.

1 member likes this post: SpfldMile
5/21/12, 7:55 PM   #23
Ovalmeister

Thanks Joe! Been awhile, I must be losing my touch.

---------- Post added at 6:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:50 PM ----------

Quite a bit different from before the crash.

5/21/12, 8:20 PM   #24
stanbrough4presidentgo53

Can't wait untill Sunday! Got my BC hat and about five different shirts of his to pick from

Posted via Mobile Device

5/21/12, 8:56 PM   #25
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

[QUOTE=Mud Packer;281349]Congratulations Bryan and the entire SFHR team. The crowd in the Northwest Vista on Saturday was screaming and cheering on every lap of his qualification attempt. The loud groan you heard was on his last lap when it swapped ends and tagged the wall.

I was so surprised at, and pleased with, the crowd. We were sitting in the Pit Road Terrace and the crowd was quiet for the first nine qualifiers. As soon as Bryan was announced, a roar went up from the crowd. It was clear that most of the crowd there were SFHR Racing/BC fans. After he hit the wall, people started leaving. It was obvious who a lot of them were there to see.

2 members like this post: Gregg, Mud Packer
5/21/12, 9:18 PM   #26
richie

Up in Stand E on Pole Day, the three biggest cheers from the crowd were for Tony Kanaan, Josef Newgarden, and Bryan Clauson. It was pretty neat to hear that. There were a lot of devastated people when he hit the wall. I can't remember the last time I heard a crowd at IMS as silent as they were when that happened.

It's clear to me that many people like Sarah Fisher and her race team. It's great that she picked two talented young Americans in Clauson and Newgarden to represent her team. In a short time, these two have become crowd favorites. Good luck to the SFHR team. I'll be cheering them both on next Sunday.

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Gregg, rj1
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bryan Clauson qualifies for Indianapolis 500