IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
nodramazone20 (Offline)
  #11 7/19/16 4:22 PM
Bad deal but car count concern makes sense. Many cars had tired motors on Sunday at THAT and the quick turnaround for some may have been too much to handle considering they have 4 nights in Kokomo in a month.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, Jim Gardner
captrat (Offline)
  #12 7/19/16 4:24 PM
I have been concerned about this kind of thing for sometime. It may sound crazy,but we have too many tracks,sanctioning bodies, etc. trying to divide the same pie. Those of us old to remember what happened to midget racing "back in the day" can attest to this.
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, flagboy55, oldfan49, Sandy Lowe
miledirt (Offline)
  #13 7/19/16 5:33 PM
Originally Posted by nodramazone20:
Bad deal but car count concern makes sense. Many cars had tired motors on Sunday at THAT and the quick turnaround for some may have been too much to handle considering they have 4 nights in Kokomo in a month.
I get it...but I just hope the relationship between the sanctioning body and track is still good for future scheduling. Granite is a very nice facility and the promoter / owner does a fantastic job.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Indy1808, Jerry Shaw
kart31rac (Offline)
  #14 7/19/16 5:47 PM
On July 9th first weekend of IND. sprint week WAR had 21 and MOWA had 35 at Farmington Mo. Great show I understand the car split but lets really think about it how many MOWA guys will pull the hog shed off and run non wing maybe 3 or 4. Illinois needs some non wing racing on the western part of the state. Lets have a USAC and MOWA show together. Fans would come out for that. JMO I was looking forward to the USAC show.
3 Likes: illinifan, PIT CART, SpfldMile
sw1911 (Offline)
  #15 7/19/16 7:57 PM
So how long until the Flora race is cancelled? Dammit I was excited about usac racing in IL this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2 Likes: oppweld, tirespinner
R A K (Offline)
  #16 7/19/16 8:33 PM
Originally Posted by sw1911:
So how long until the Flora race is cancelled? Dammit I was excited about usac racing in IL this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sounds as though it already has been!??!
Attachments:
image.png (159.6 KB)

R A K (Offline)
  #17 7/19/16 8:36 PM
Originally Posted by R A K:
Sounds as though it already has been!??!
Don't know who she is, or her affiliation with the place, but this was her reply.
Attachments:
image.png (183.0 KB)

kdobson (Offline)
  #18 7/19/16 8:57 PM
Alright, I've gotten a couple kind of angry texts from people who think MOWA or Jacksonville had something to do with this race at Granite getting canceled. I realize the non-wing guys don't get a lot of chances to run in Illinois, and we have some good non-wing fans nearby that support our constant wing racing around here - but prefer the chance to see the rare non-wing race when they can. Heck, we even had arranged for our best sponsor to take a group of 40 to the USAC race instead of our show because they were going to be having an event during the day at Gateway that Friday. So for the record, Kevin and Tammy G and our group work together very well and talk a lot, but on this occasion there was no conspiracy against the non-wing crowd on anyone's part.

But... circumstances have us canceling our Crate Late Models next Friday during our Sprint Week show at Jacksonville - so we do have an opening in the show. I'm going to make a few calls this evening and see if we can add non-wing sprints next Friday so those of you that had your heart set on seeing non-wing sprints in Illinois next weekend can still get the fix. If Casey will let me plagiarize his WAR rules and purse... and I can find about 15 guys wanting to bring a non-wing car, we'll do it. Shoot me a text 217-371-3653 if you'd want to bring a non-wing car to Jacksonville Friday the 29th.

Ken Dobson
13 Likes: Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, ISF, jdull99, kart31rac, luckybuc97, mowerman, oppweld, PIT CART, SpfldMile, tirespinner, TQ97, wildman92
LEADERS EDGE (Offline)
  #19 7/19/16 9:24 PM
Heck Kenny.....USAC is off that weekend...., why not work with Levi and have a Mowa/USAC double bill. Call it the"Two World Collide Best of the Midwest Super Showdown" Even offer a $5000 bonus to someone who can win both ends.

It's just sitting there waiting to be done.
sw1911 (Offline)
  #20 7/19/16 9:34 PM
Don't waste your time on a short field of reluctant non wing cars. Us IL wangless fans are already accustomed to driving to IN for racing.
Closed Thread