IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Parking at Bankers Life Fieldhouse
11/19/15, 6:31 PM   #1
Parking at Bankers Life Fieldhouse
jim goerge

Can anyone tell me how the parking there is or how close can you park to the building? I currently have to use a walker if I don't have to far to walk (hobble) maybe 50 yards , anything past that I have to use my wheelchair. Trying to figure out which I will need to take for the midget race. Thanks for any help

11/19/15, 7:00 PM   #2
Re: Parking at Bankers Life Fieldhouse
dirt330

Jim, there is a parking garage across street on eastside of Bankers Life with a enclosed skywalk attached. Never have to go outside . Will have to probably get there early so you can get in.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge
11/19/15, 7:02 PM   #3
BrentTFunk

It also has elevators no matter what floor you park on

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
11/19/15, 7:04 PM   #4
cleatziff

There is a lot of parking near the field house. However no matter where you park you will have to walk over 50' to your seat. Glad your going to come. This should be an awesome event. I am excited

11/19/15, 7:42 PM   #5
v8j

Jim there is handicap parking also in the parking garage next-door to Bankers Life. You will want to park on the 3rd level to use the walk Tunnel

2 members like this post: fish, jim goerge
11/20/15, 4:43 AM   #6
jim goerge

Guys thank you so much for the help, and hope maybe could met fellow IOW's. Thanks again

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing
11/20/15, 9:11 AM   #7
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

As was said by others, there is a walkway from the garage, elevators in the garage. I do know there is handicap parking right next to the walkway if you park on that level. You enter that parking garage off Maryland Street.

11/21/15, 2:35 AM   #8
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

I attended several Indiana Fever games this year and can tell you that the handicapped parking goes quickly. There isn't near enough for a basketball game. Perhaps the crowd at the midget show will be different, but I doubt it. I started getting there an hour and a half or so before game time and had no problem, but there were usually a few already parked with handicapped stickers. Again, I don't know how the two crowds differ.

11/21/15, 12:27 PM   #9
v8j

On the north side of Banks Life there is a little alley that has a handicap drop off for the facility

11/21/15, 9:12 PM   #10
Eric Smith

If the available parking and your mobility seem like they will be an issue, I (and I bet some others on here) would be happy to meet you at the front doors and go park your car for you and retrieve it for you after the races.

4 members like this post: davidm, jim goerge, luckybuc97, wildman92
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Parking at Bankers Life Fieldhouse