IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington
6/7/19, 10:55 AM   #1
Bloomington
i love dirt track racing

The weather is looking great. Our racing family's will be heading that way. Going to stop by the new kkm new racing shop for a visit. Have fun and enjoy all the great things that we all love. Thanks.

6/7/19, 12:29 PM   #2
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Not to worry,we'll join forces this afternoon 🕒

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

6/7/19, 1:28 PM   #3
Re: Bloomington
HoosierMikey

After watching a great race last night at Lincoln Park i would really like to head to Bloomington tonight however having to climb the hill to the restrooms is too much for us. Hope everyone enjoys the race tonight as it should be a good one.

2 members like this post: ronmil, tirespinner
6/7/19, 2:19 PM   #4
pcabel04@yahoo.com

No worries everything runs downhill Lol

2 members like this post: fish, tirespinner
6/7/19, 3:11 PM   #5
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
The weather is looking great. Our racing family's will be heading that way. Going to stop by the new kkm new racing shop for a visit. Have fun and enjoy all the great things that we all love. Thanks.
When are you going to write up about The KKM shops, with photos? “ You have to know your Coons” if you remember me telling that story in Florida.
Thanks
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 6/7/19 at 3:14 PM.

3 members like this post: flatout18, i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
6/7/19, 6:52 PM   #6
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

33 midgets, 14 sprints and 26 wing mini sprints
Last edited by Adolph; 6/7/19 at 7:16 PM.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/8/19, 12:12 AM   #7
kylecumminsfan

Why is Leary not in the 76 tonight??

6/8/19, 12:32 AM   #8
Jerry Shaw

There were some yellows that kind of kept the race from really kicking into gear, early. But once it got going, Justin Grant jumped out front and had some margin until Chad Boat began to close the distance. Grant at the very top, using the curb that was up there and Boat at the very bottom of the track. For many laps, they would cross the start/finish line almost even. Grant was much better launching off of turn two, but Boat would get in and out of turns 3 and 4 faster and this would go on for many laps. About half the race, until Justin pulled away a little and Tyler Courtney went around Chad to take second and close the distance on Grant. When those two were occupying pretty much the same space for a few laps, I think everybody knew we had one of those matchups that was going to guarantee another barn burner. Two of the most exciting and aggressive drivers out there. Who were former team mates. And weren't exactly presidents of each other fan clubs. "It was on!" But just that quick, Justin's riding of the curb would take it's toll and at the top of turn 1 his right rear would explode and this duel was over, before it even really had a chance to get really good. By this point, Chris Windom had caught and passed more than half the field, from his starting spot near the back. And while all this was unfolding, for my money the best battle of the race had broken out between Brady Bacon and Logan Seavey. it didn't last as long as the first one between Justin and Chad, but it was more intense. And was definitely at closer quarters. At this time, Tyler had firm control of the top spot, but once Logan finally put Brady behind him, you knew who the last remaining and most serious threat to his lead was. Even though Boat was still hanging tough. Eventually, Seavey took second with about 7 or 8 to go and was very fast around the very top. Courtney also fast, but just a notch lower on the track. He would catch him as the laps wound down, but catching Tyler Courtney and passing him are two different things. Going into turn three on the white flag lap, Logan dove to try a big slider. But he just didn't have enough room to pull it off, so he eased up some and Tyler would take the checkered flag. That and Windom passing most of the field to get the hard charger made it a nice night for CMR and gives them some much needed momentum going into the last 2 nights of Midget Week. It was no Instant Classic, like the wild one we all saw the night before, but it was an exciting race none the less. And you always feel fortunate anytime you get to sit on the hillside and watch these guys duke it out on the beautiful red clay of Bloomington.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 6/8/19 at 3:09 PM.

6/8/19, 12:55 AM   #9
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylecumminsfan View Post
The 76m team and I have parted ways after last night. I want to thank Frank Manafort for the opportunity but things just didn’t click with Bob & I. If anyone has an open midget seat let me know.

6/8/19, 12:55 AM   #10
TQ97

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylecumminsfan View Post
Wahoo answered same time I did

2 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington