IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you Robert Ballou
9/26/18, 7:38 PM   #1
Thank you Robert Ballou
yeleyfan76

Thank you Robert Ballou for being who you are. In this world of go along to get along, you proved that if Big Money doesn’t like you then you get punished. This unprecedented move by USAC proves that things said by you might have a level of truth. While sometimes over the top, your points are valid and should be taken seriously. USAC and it’s partners pride themselves on their presence in the world of social media. Once that presence is tarnished with some harsh truths it’s clear they don’t like challenge.

Secondly it’s crystal clear that when you challenge Indiana’s racing hero from Columbus in a way that he at one time would conduct himself he is just as soft as the rest. I find it funny that this blew up because of the comments about Eldora. Yes Robert Ballou has pushed the envelope many times before. Similar to things the almighty Smoke would do. Funny how when the tables were turned, he lashes back instead of admitting that what he offered for last years 4 crown he fell short.Ballous mistake was that he thought maybe it would be the wet, tall curb track he was promised given to the teams this year. Tony Stewart is revered in big ways by the USAC faithful, but I don’t see what he really gives back now that he can. He has removed all of his teams from the 3 series. He takes ownership of a WING group that run all over the neighboring state funelling money into it instead of usac. His track in Ohio has reduced the number of visits per year to two. One event he uses the sprint cars as an undercard to the god awful boring Outlaws. The second visit he has turned into a circus with putting his wing group on the nite of the 4 crown. Now he gets challenged by one of the USAC drivers who doesn’t let up and pulls this crap to get him suspended. Those who want to defend Stewart til the death please save it. I was a fan because he was out spoken and brought lite to issues. Now when challenged by Ballou he turns into Bill France. No bueno.

Thank you Robert Ballou for being a bad ass on the track and being who you are off of the track. To USAC I want to thank you for ruining my first ever Oval Nationals trip this year with your spineless decision. To the owner of Eldora speedway please enjoy the mockery of the track you have created and enjoy the bed you share with NASCAR. You have proven that all of those tough guy years were just a farce.

I am a fan of the Madman. Unfortunately it will never be the same again. Racing in USAC for him will be a joke and since there is no money in any other non wing racing he might just go back west.

9/26/18, 8:49 PM   #2
Re: Thank you Robert Ballou
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 22

Well said my friend!

9/26/18, 9:19 PM   #3
Sprint63122

This is all on tony and levi pretty disgusting display of a series but not unexpected.

9/26/18, 9:22 PM   #4
TKRacing

This is hilarious

2 members like this post: Therealether, tirespinner
9/26/18, 9:30 PM   #5
lazyifoto

I have to admit I believe this is more because Tony cried to USAC than because Ballou raised he!! to Stewart. I have to say USAC has now stooped as low as NASCAR with the suspension. I was looking forward to watching USAC at the BURG but I will now go elsewhere. Sprint car racing is made up with people that are not scared or affraid of backing it into the corner wheel to wheel with another competitor floorboarding with the right rear banging the wall.....but now they have to be affraid of what they say....I just don't know its what they say or what they say to Tony....
FREE BALLOU !

9/26/18, 11:18 PM   #6
TKRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyifoto View Post
I have to admit I believe this is more because Tony cried to USAC than because Ballou raised he!! to Stewart. I have to say USAC has now stooped as low as NASCAR with the suspension. I was looking forward to watching USAC at the BURG but I will now go elsewhere. Sprint car racing is made up with people that are not scared or affraid of backing it into the corner wheel to wheel with another competitor floorboarding with the right rear banging the wall.....but now they have to be affraid of what they say....I just don't know its what they say or what they say to Tony....
FREE BALLOU !
If you say it’s about that then why is Robert complaining about Eldora being against the wall and you are defending him?

3 members like this post: nathans1012, opnwhlmnd, rataz
9/26/18, 11:35 PM   #7
Longtime sprinter

I feel USAC did not have a choice. Tony has money and pull. I hate having the frickin social media get into our sport and tear it apart. I will be at Kokomo, Gas City, and Lawrenceburg, supporting the racers and teams that put their money and time, and even their lives on the line, to give the fans a terrific show each time.

9/27/18, 12:25 AM   #8
race0

Usac has a choice, take it to Pevely just like U.M.P did... current management, no chance that will happen.

5 members like this post: 7xCoop, Chief Wahoo, jim goerge, oppweld, tirespinner
9/27/18, 9:05 AM   #9
tamati

Wow just did the math usac is saving me close to 300 bucks this weekend. thanks Kevin

6 members like this post: 7horse, duel, EPSpeed, jim goerge, PIT CART, tirespinner
9/27/18, 12:14 PM   #10
cntrypg@aol.com

You guys just don't get it. Ballou was not right in what he did. He was bashing the long time premier open wheel series in the nation and deserves what he got.
What do you expect from Tony? He was personally bashed by a guy that has enjoyed and won numerous races at his track.
The Ovals will be just as good without him.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you Robert Ballou