IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Double file restarts
6/2/19, 8:40 PM   #11
Re: Double file restarts
Jonr

I like them both.

It drives me crazy when a top dog draws a great number. Starts on the pole and runs away with the heat and then does the same thing for the main event. I know that over the summer that I will tend to stay away from the tracks that do this.

2 members like this post: Spi-nex, tirespinner
6/2/19, 9:03 PM   #12
Bad Dad 54

Don't like them at all, like to see the lapped cars stay right where they are, just picking up the race where you left off at. I also do not like drawing for positions, qualifying fine, racing no.

5 members like this post: ByronMack, Chief Wahoo, spicoli, tirespinner, TNRustler
6/2/19, 9:14 PM   #13
captrat

Agree, double file restarts are an ill advised gimmick. Example, you are running 16th, yellow flag. On the restart you now advance 8 positions you did not earn.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, spicoli, Tom23
6/2/19, 9:32 PM   #14
yeleyfan76

Absolutely love the double file restart. Why should a guy who was a victim of circumstance on an early caution start half a lap ( on the smaller tracks) behind the leader??? That makes no sense. A guy gets caught up in someone else’s mess goes to the tail and finally can gas it when the leader is already on the backstretch? That’s a double penalty. As far as the leader using up his tire to lap someone let’s not forget he gets the help from the flagger of the blue flag. Other positions behind do not. Some tracks the cars get strung out single file under green why would you create that before they get the green? If you want to go single file the last five laps I’m ok with that otherwise bunch them up and let’s see a race not a parade.

4 members like this post: Can26, Jonr, sjracer26, Wayne Davis
6/2/19, 9:57 PM   #15
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Absolutely love the double file restart. Why should a guy who was a victim of circumstance on an early caution start half a lap ( on the smaller tracks) behind the leader??? That makes no sense. A guy gets caught up in someone else’s mess goes to the tail and finally can gas it when the leader is already on the backstretch? That’s a double penalty. As far as the leader using up his tire to lap someone let’s not forget he gets the help from the flagger of the blue flag. Other positions behind do not. Some tracks the cars get strung out single file under green why would you create that before they get the green? If you want to go single file the last five laps I’m ok with that otherwise bunch them up and let’s see a race not a parade.
Why should someone who was not a victim of any circumstances have to give to someone a position. Stuff happens.

4 members like this post: erich45, jaythorne, progressive22, spicoli
6/2/19, 10:22 PM   #16
Rpracing1

Best restarts were when you could take off anywhere on the back straightaway! Those were the days!

6/2/19, 10:25 PM   #17
EZ04

Don't like them at all.

2 members like this post: spicoli, tirespinner
6/2/19, 10:30 PM   #18
dsc1600

I agree you can’t call a double file restart a gimmick and not to the same with an invert. They’re all for entertainment purposes.

The fair way would be to line heats up by time, features by heat race result etc...

It drives me crazy when lap cars are not sent to the back. It’s an excitement killer for sure.

6/2/19, 11:36 PM   #19
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

yeleyfan76 we do go single file the last 5 laps

Rpracing1 We allow the leader to fire anytime entering turn 3 to the exit of 4 on restarts

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

6/3/19, 7:24 AM   #20
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

I personally like the double file restarts ! Depending on the length of the race no double file restarts with 5 or 10 laps to go is alright as well! I don't see it as a gimmick but I see the other side as well on the drivers and team point of view. If the car leading is flat out smoking the field and has to get bunched back up after caution kinda sucks to be them. It's fine either way for me really!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Double file restarts