IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #11 5/30/19 9:13 AM
Originally Posted by TQ97:
There are 2 complete sprint shows.....
Thank you, looking forward to attending. Is this going to be another night long marathon? Don't understand the thinking in splitting the 2 shows up. Lincoln Park, Bloomington and other don't separate the 2 when MSCS comes to town. Haubstadt doesn't separate the USAC and MSCS shows. Logic please?

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #12 5/30/19 9:27 AM
Still makes no sense. Cunningham has beat them before, so why punish him by giving him no track points. Do it on finish position as you normally would.

Charles Nungester
TQ97 (Offline)
  #13 5/30/19 9:55 AM
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo:
Thank you, looking forward to attending. Is this going to be another night long marathon? Don't understand the thinking in splitting the 2 shows up. Lincoln Park, Bloomington and other don't separate the 2 when MSCS comes to town. Haubstadt doesn't separate the USAC and MSCS shows. Logic please?
I’m a team owner not the promoter, you’d have to ask them. I assume it’s because teams like ours (our driver is a rookie to sprint cars) and some others who run Paragon do so due to the guaranteed seat time where everyone runs a feature. I don’t understand the points decision myself, but if it’s an MSCS race only, my guess is some teams who aren’t ready for that level of competition would not show up.
6 Likes: Leohr46, Pat O'Connor Fan, progressive22, Pushtruck, racefan20, spicoli
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #14 5/30/19 11:05 AM
Why not just do show up points for all?
jscott101 (Offline)
  #15 5/30/19 11:41 AM
Completely agree, doesn't make any sense. I guess we are going to run with MSCS and forget about the points :/
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #16 5/30/19 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by TQ97:
I’m a team owner not the promoter, you’d have to ask them. I assume it’s because teams like ours (our driver is a rookie to sprint cars) and some others who run Paragon do so due to the guaranteed seat time where everyone runs a feature. I don’t understand the points decision myself, but if it’s an MSCS race only, my guess is some teams who aren’t ready for that level of competition would not show up.
Thanks, I kinda see what your saying. How many non MSCS sprints you think will show up?

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #17 5/30/19 12:26 PM
How much rain fell up there yesterday and this morning? Just wondering how track conditions are?and if there’s a chance it will get called.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
bobbyhill (Offline)
  #18 5/30/19 12:32 PM
Paragon always runs two features so I don’t see night being any longer. Paragon sprints have open tire rule so can’t run all together The points deal is not right but it’s there track.
2 Likes: Chief Wahoo, cmiracingvids
hsracer338 (Offline)
  #19 5/30/19 2:47 PM
My guess is about 20 cars for both mscs and paragon. It just depends on how many paragon cars want to run for points and how many run mscs. Our current plan is to be with mscs.
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #20 5/30/19 5:08 PM
Originally Posted by hsracer338:
My guess is about 20 cars for both mscs and paragon. It just depends on how many paragon cars want to run for points and how many run mscs. Our current plan is to be with mscs.
Thought they used to get about 50 Paragon Sprints?