IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Russell Waltz---RIP
9/30/11, 12:34 PM   #1
Russell Waltz---RIP
Danny Burton

Russ was 71 years old. He passed away yesterday after suffering two strokes in the last week.

Some of you, especially those in this area will remember Russ. He was one of a kind. I'm fairly sure he used to help out Mr. Chrisman on occasion a few years ago. He had been around the Indiana short track scene for some time.

Cantankerous, funny, profane, politically incorrect, that was Russ, who was at heart a good natured guy and fun to be around just to talk racing.

A few years ago Russ broke his leg riding his motorcycle and needed a ride to Haubstadt. That was a fun trip, a 2 hour and 45 minute drive each way, filled with lots of stories and lots of laughs.

Weather and health permitting, I'd guess he would have been at the 'burg this weekend, his still sharp eye on the action.

RIP, buddy. God be with you.

DB

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

1 member likes this post: SprintManDave
9/30/11, 11:29 PM   #2
Re: Russell Waltz---RIP
dougvan

My thoughts and prayers to Keith and the Waltz family. Russell was a great part of racing in south central Indiana.

Doug Vandeventer

10/3/11, 4:43 PM   #3
Re: Russell Waltz---RIP
Danny Burton

Getting ready to go to the funeral home, maybe a 3 minute drive from here.

First viewing I've ever attended where I have to change into a racing t-shirt, as per family's request.

Russ.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

10/3/11, 5:06 PM   #4
hupp#9

RIP Russle you will be missed.. Russle and my grandpa ( John Knoke) were real close friends and I got to know him verry well threw grandpa.. He was a great guy and will be truly missed..

Logan Hupp
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Russell Waltz---RIP