IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 2015
9/27/14, 3:31 PM   #101
Re: Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 201
Bill May

Good to hear that it was well received, when the lap times are quicker than the 410 n/w I expect someone to call for larger (damn)wings.

Bill may

1 member likes this post: fish
9/27/14, 4:05 PM   #102
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
We would be intrested in getting one of these But i cant buy a car to race one nite a week (friday) and only at one track. Need some more tracks to take the chance...
Worm

What is your gross profit per year racing Open Wheel Modified? How many nights a week do you race? Do you race for a living?

Honest Dad himself

9/27/14, 11:55 PM   #103
cmiracingvids

I know back in '07 Kevin Swindell I think set a track record of 10.880. That was not a USAC race though.

9/28/14, 12:59 AM   #104
Bradleyracing86

I have a feeling you could take the wing off Saturday morning and win a feature at paragon that night.

3 members like this post: bowbuild, Josh Kinser, PIT CART
9/28/14, 10:09 AM   #105
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

I know I've preached this before but in 25 yrs of racing we have raced
1yr hobby stock
Several yrs NASCAR MODIFIED
Several yrs IMCA modified
Several yrs UMP modified
Several yrs IMCA late model
And several yrs CURRENTLY running UMP late models
in all those yrs the ONLY thing to really ever have any control over what we spent on motors besides claimers (wich most guys consider against the code of the west ) was when we had to run brick hard IMCA McCreary spec tire. Go ahead n build a 430 ! Gd luck hooking it up !
I'm telling you the old timers on here preach how great the racing was back in the day and they were running injected 283s n 327s elbows up and balls out! And they didn't have a 2 ft wide RR with 5 compounds!! It didn't exist! Take the wing off that 305 and narrow up that right rear with 2 compounds and wAtch .

9/28/14, 10:22 AM   #106
old timer

I think if you read the racesaver rules they have a required track tire,along with a lot of rules that must be checked,including valve spring set pressure.

9/28/14, 11:22 AM   #107
Bill May

Old Timer, This is IOW, it's not required to read the rules before posting opinions, regardless, in the opinion of some posters (to which they are entitled) if it has wings, it's no good, research is just a waste of time, size of the engine,HP, wing, race track, gear ratio, doesn't matter, makes one wonder how the winged 305's have grown (and continue to grow) to a several hundred across the country in the past few years, apparently, some area people feel compelled to stomp them out before they take over.

Bill May

4 members like this post: DaveP63, Josh Kinser, PIT CART, SWScaleChassis
9/28/14, 11:43 AM   #108
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt in ur beer View Post
Seems to me you people r your own worst enemy. U hate winged 410s, u hate winged 360s, u hate winged 305s , and you scoff at someone who dare mention a nonwing 305 with a smaller right rear to even things up and lower motor costs.
I love it when u people bash USAC for not "changing/adapting to the times" and bellyache at low car counts.
Here's what I get from most of you.

This is nonwing 410 country and we hate change , USAC , low car counts , wings , and change. Sooooo come on out and enjoy our racing ... ITS THE BEST!
This coming from someone who judges a race by whether the seats have backs on them. Name me a place where 305's or 360's have increased the 410 count? I like it the way it is. You either drive a sprint car or a stock car.

2 members like this post: dshort36, jim goerge
9/28/14, 11:43 AM   #109
Panama

If you do the Facebook thing (?) the Bloomington Speedway has a short video posted of the second hot lap session.

Adam Gullion is the driver, he, his family, and his crew were a pleasure to talk to, and they answered every question anyone cared to ask.
It was a real pleasure meeting them, and if these folks are what 305 racing is all about, it is going to be a good fun class to have around.

I only see it as a positive, making sprint car racing affordable for some who might not otherwise be able to get in.

And as somebody else already has said, pull the wing off on Saturday and run Paragon. Sounds like fun to me.

3 members like this post: Bill May, DaveP63, Josh Kinser
9/28/14, 12:09 PM   #110
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

You have never EVER seen me rate a race by if the seats have backs. Have you? In the past 10 days I have been to 6 races at 4 race tracks in 4 states. Terre haute-2, eldora-2 ,quincy,il -1, wheatland ,mo-1. Winged and nonwing ( 2 tracks had backs on the seats ) it would take a while to figure out how many moved up. But if you had 15 winged 305s show up it was 15 more sprint cars u got watch. Can u argue that? I only mention taking the wing off as a way to appease the nonwing traditionalists on here. I add the small RR tire part as something that I know affected how our money was spent.

2 members like this post: kart31rac, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 2015