IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robison Racing Products
4/22/13, 6:18 PM   #1
Robison Racing Products
Justracin07

Anyone running or have info on the Robison Racing Products under center birdcage set up ?

http://robisonracingproducts.com/

4/22/13, 9:34 PM   #2
fasster23

I'm still new to the sprint car game but we run XYZ cages that are the same design. I was told by a torsion bar dyno building company at the IMIS Show that what is gained by having the pickup point directly in line with the loading point of the bearing is lost in torsion arm twist/deflection due to the sharp angle and extended length. I would be curious if there were any advantage to this cage design if the torsion tube was moved further outward inorder to straighten the arms and help reduce twist

Posted via Mobile Device

4/23/13, 1:41 AM   #3
Re: Robison Racing Products
ACP

Do you use aluminum rear torsion arms with your XYZ birdcages?

4/23/13, 7:49 PM   #4
fasster23

Yes they're the alum XYZ arms

Posted via Mobile Device

4/24/13, 1:36 AM   #5
ACP

Ok just wondering.... Robisons setup as you can see includes tubular chromoly arms to reduce exactly what you guys were talking about, the arms twisting and flexing... I don't have any experience with these style cages/arms but have always wanted to try them... They make sense to me...

4/24/13, 11:30 AM   #6
TQ29m

JMHO, but I really doubt there are few if any drivers, that can tell any difference, unless as in the old days, there were some extreme cases of where the arm met the cage, I've tried them all, I think, even made some myself, and if there was any difference, I couldn't tell it, nor anyone that drove my car, maybe, and I say maybe, on asphalt, where the side loads would be higher, maybe, but if everything is tight, I'd run what I had, or was used to, and worry about other things that make handling a big difference. Bob!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robison Racing Products