IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midgets at Southern Illinois Center Feb 7th
2/1/15, 11:32 AM   #101
LEADERS EDGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexin View Post
I don't need to research anything. His claim was that you have run more races than all of the posters in this thread combined. i have been racing since I was 5 and I'm now 48. Last count was over 900 races in my lifetime and I know some of the other guys that have posted in this thread also have some pretty high numbers. You could easily have me covered, no problem, but all of us combined, that would be pretty tough. I'm sure the number for all of us would be over 2,000. If you raced 30 races a year for 50 years you would only be at 1500.

I wasn't putting you or anyone else down, just stating that I wasnt someone that raced for a couple of years and quit. Sorry for the confusion as it was never meant to be a " my wanker is bigger than yours" statement.
If you go back and read you will see that I said "Nearly" all of the people posting combined. Oddly, you didn't recognize the name and number of a guy who you've more than likely raced against numerous times over the past 43 years. Who is the "dense" one again?

2 members like this post: bsmith8, TQ97
2/1/15, 12:02 PM   #102
Re: Midgets at Southern Illinois Center Feb 7th
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Davis View Post
But it is a Chevrolet and I was looking at buying a Chevrolet. ..would love to have the "Corvette" but I can't afford the Corvette....I can however afford a Chevrolet Cobalt....I can't afford a "NATIONAL" midget but I can afford D-2 Midget....

same principle....different entity

What each person can afford is not the issue....each owner has an investment that is % wise what they have for disposable income...each owner works just as hard and is just as proud of his race car..... JUST do not call a Colbalt a Corvette....like someone else posted, very misleading, thought there was a Big Midget event in Florida ? There is an event in Florida that is BIG to it's people, yes! But not a BIG MIDGET event!!

3 members like this post: JJMooney, Kellen Conover, KJHolley
2/1/15, 1:17 PM   #103
Avon Open Wheel fan

This is a work in progress please keep in mind that this is not a pre-entry list. Some of these are drivers who have told me that they are coming. We do have several drivers who have pre-entered and when I get new information I will update this list.

If anyone see names I need to Add or change please let me know. I am also working on car numbers and hometowns.

Morgan Motorsports (Driver TBA)
Jake Hodge Spencer IN
Luke Cone Paducah, KY
36 Collin S Ambrose Owensboro, KY
1 Lynn Ambrose Owensboro, KY
51 Jimmy Gardner Cincinnati, OH
20 Tyler Kendall Connersville, IN
37 Douglas Jones New Albany, IN
Ed Gaines
51 Gentry Racing (Driver TBA)
51R Gedd Ross Peoria, IL
70 Peter Palazzo Pacific MO
41 Alex Watson Columbus, OH
Johnny Murdock St Louis, MO
Murdock Racing (Driver TBA)
Zach Emmons.
13. Patrick Mead London, OH
2A: Andrew Hennig
:John A. Shipman Sr Terre Haute, IN
1X Chase Briscoe Bedford, IN
42 Ty Tilton Lima, OH
Austin Archdale Brimfield, IL
Colin Parker Matinsville, IN
Andy Baugh Mason City, IL
Mitchell Davis

www.illinimidgets.com
Last edited by Avon Open Wheel fan; 2/5/15 at 1:37 PM.

2/1/15, 1:40 PM   #104
PatrickMead#13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon Open Wheel fan View Post
This is a work in progress please keep in mind that this is not a pre-entry list. Some of these are drivers who have told me that they are coming. We do have several drivers who have pre-entered and when I get new information I will update this list.

If anyone see names I need to Add or change please let me know. I am also working on car numbers and hometowns.

Jake Hodge Spencer IN
Luke Cone Paducah, KY
36 Collin S Ambrose Owensboro, KY
1 Lynn Ambrose Owensboro, KY
51 Jimmy Gardner Cincinnati, OH
20 Tyler Kendall Connersville, IN
Alex Watson Columbus Ohio
37 Douglas Jones New Albany, IN
Ed Gaines
51 Gentry Racing (Driver TBA)
Jay McQuinn
Gedd Ross
70 Peter Palazzo Pacific MO
53 Matt Schuck
41 Alex Watson
Johnny Murdock St Louis, MO
Zach Emmons.
13. Patrick Meade
2A: Andrew Hennig
:John A. Shipman Sr
1X Chase Briscoe Bedford, IN
11 Alex Shipman Bedford, IN
42 Ty Tilton
Austin Archdale
Colin Parker
Andy Baugh
Mitchell Davis
Drop the "e" off of Meade. I can't afford the extra letter...... Lol
Thanks

3 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, Charles Nungester, Wayne Davis
2/1/15, 2:31 PM   #105
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
What each person can afford is not the issue....each owner has an investment that is % wise what they have for disposable income...each owner works just as hard and is just as proud of his race car..... JUST do not call a Colbalt a Corvette....like someone else posted, very misleading, thought there was a Big Midget event in Florida ? There is an event in Florida that is BIG to it's people, yes! But not a BIG MIDGET event!!
The Southern States Midget Series is putting on a race in Florida. A "MIDGET" race. And yes it is gonna be BIG!

What is misleading about that? Rules have been posted...links to the website...4 months of intense promoting locally and Nationally....many teams from NE threw the MW are coming down and all know that it is a "MIDGET" race with different engine combinations.

And Yes this is going to be BIG midget event.....

So what is a BIG midget as you call them? What size are they? Bigger wheels and tires or chassis? Are you now referring to BIG MIDGET as a NATIONAL MIDGET? If so that right there tells me there needs to be a distinguishing factor between the two cause even you are now confused....

What is the difference between a BIG midget and a REGULAR midget?

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

2/1/15, 3:40 PM   #106
microsprint15

A "Big" Midget race in my mind would have a pit area full of driver's like Clauson, Hagen, Hines, Abreu, Bell, Pickens, and others. A pit full of cars capable of pounding the cushion, throwing bonzai sliders, and on the edge of disaster lap after lap.

Honestly, anything less at a "Big" Midget race would be quite disappointing.

There is nothing wrong with Mini/Lightning Sprints, Kenyon Midgets, Focus and Ecotech racing. I have seen good races in all of these classes, but it is NOT the type of cars or racing fans expect at a "Big" Midget race.

I hope all of these races are successful, but misleading people is not the answer. You may fool the casual fan once, but it won't happen twice.

3 members like this post: bsmith8, KJHolley, RickyBobby
2/1/15, 3:49 PM   #107
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

?

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

Last edited by Wayne Davis; 2/1/15 at 4:22 PM.

1 member likes this post: DAD
2/1/15, 5:16 PM   #108
DAD

So

A lot of people think there should be but one Midget class? There is no more room for anything but the ones sporting the latest model specialty motors. Probably less than 200 cars in the USA meet this requirement. Most of the others we include as back markers. At this point in time probably 90% of the races are won by 10% of the Midgets racing. Most Midget racers in the big races are actually racing for 4th place. This situation is what is killing off Midget racing folks. Racers race to win if winning is taken from the equation pretty soon the numbers of racers start to fall. One of the big objectives of a successful promoter is to even this number out.

Several years ago we went to John Godfrey then (Stealth Motorsports) and ordered a Midget roller. We specified a 1 1/8th" top rail and replace the rear end with a 2" spline Winters axle. We payed him for a Midget Roller. Installed a 600cc Motor and went racing. We called it a Mini Sprint. But the invoice said Midget Roller.

Before going into the Midget business does anybody know who John worked for and what type car he built mostly?

Sprint cars are defined usually by their shared in common chassis size and then by the engine size and then usually by Wing or w/o wing. Is that correct?

If we were to define Midgets this way would that take some of the confusion out of the name.

For 60+ years we have had 1/4 Midget since changed to .25 Midgets>>1/2 Midgets>>>Micro Midgets now with half a dozen names>>>3/4 Midgets>>>>and then the all Mighty Midget.

Seems reasonable we could sub divide this commonly shared chassis race car into several sub classes so as not to catch honest cash paying race fans off guard.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: jjones752
2/1/15, 5:54 PM   #109
LEADERS EDGE

Doemelt.
Last edited by LEADERS EDGE; 2/1/15 at 5:56 PM.

1 member likes this post: DAD
2/1/15, 6:54 PM   #110
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post
Doemelt.
Yep

Told me he was very familiar with Mini Sprints.

Honest Dad himself

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midgets at Southern Illinois Center Feb 7th