IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
HARFprez (Offline)
  #1 11/8/12 1:20 PM
Once again the date is set for our annual Monte Carlo night party. The date is November 17th, 2012 and once again will be held at the Brickyard Crossing Golf Resort 4400 W. 16th St. Social hour and movie party from 6 pm to 7 pm, with 2 hours of Vegas style gaming from 7 pm to 9 pm, with our last blast auction held right after the gaming concludes, where you can use your nights winnings, in credits not cash) to bid on great prizes and racing memorabilia. Admission is $10. for HARF members (which gets you 1000 gaming credits) and $25. for non-members (which includes a 1 year membership to HARF and 2500 gaming credits). Members who bring a new "non-member" will receive an extra 500 credits, and members who renew at Monte Carlo get an additional 1500 credits.Drivers always admitted free and receive 500 credits to game with.
This is always one of our best parties of the year and we hope you can attend. We bring in professional dealers to do all the work for us, it's held in a great room at the Speedway, and as always, there is a full bar offered for your enjoyment. We are always in need of donations for the auction, so bring any racing item you can part with to add to our table of goodies. Any race teams or drivers with leftover t-shirts from this past season of racing or a worn pair of your old drivers' gloves you can autograph for the party is greatly appreciated.
So come out and enjoy our Monte Carlo night party with all your fellow race fans, we promise you'll have a fun night. Any questions or offers of donations for us to pick up please call Vicki or Bob @ 317-487-8096. Hope to see you all there, bob.
4 Likes: D.O., Jerry Spencer, mayor31, racefan20
HARFprez (Offline)
  #2 11/12/12 9:34 AM
Just to update this post and bring it to the top again...only 5 days left till the HARF Monte Carlo night party. We have added some great items to the post-party auction and plans are that this is our best Monte Carlo party EVER! We still need donations for the auction table, so when you come to the party, bring that oddball piece of racing memorabilia to donate to the cause. DRIVERS...we know this is your off season, but this is a great chance to come out and mingle with YOUR fans and friends AND you get in for free (& we start you out with 500 gaming credits. FANS...for those of you who have always thought of joining HARF (to save all that money during the racing season) this is the best time to join. By joining Saturday night, you not only get a years membership, but 2500 gaming credits to be used at the auction. We hope for a great crowd this year. If you need further information, directions, or where to send prize donations, call Vicki or Bob @ 317-487-8096. See you Saturday, bob.
HARFprez (Offline)
  #3 11/13/12 12:55 PM
the latest addition to the table of goodies is one of the tough to find and very expensive Watson Roadsters, the Rathman #4, along with an older, but brand new, Earnhardt Jr. #8 "Salute to the Troops" die cast car. Prizes are stacking up, but we can always use more. Drivers and teams help us out with a few of last years t-shirts, visors, or gloves...add your autograph to them and they are a "PRIZE" all of us race fans would love to own. See you all on Saturday, bob.
CALandSurveyor8759 (Offline)
  #4 11/15/12 3:05 PM
Being a former craps dealer in Las Vegas and dealing at dozens of parties like this, I HIGHLY SUGGEST that you tip your dealers. It makes a lot of difference. Take a handful of $5's and $1's and you will get rewarded. If you need credits at the end of the night, you'll want help from the dealers.
TSN Motorsports (Offline)
  #5 11/16/12 3:03 PM
Darn, Sounds like a great night. Wish it wasn't the same night of the Bloomington Banquet! Maybe next year!

Hope everyone has a great time and give me one spin on Black for car X!!
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #6 11/17/12 2:42 AM
Yes it is a great time for a great cause. I feel the same, wish I could be there, but it is the same night as the Lawrenceburg Speedway banquet too.

Posted via Mobile Device
indybigjohn (Offline)
  #7 11/17/12 1:16 PM
Another thing I miss about not being up there.
HARFprez (Offline)
  #8 11/19/12 9:43 AM
Thanks to the 50 or so "loyals" for attending. Poor attendance for a great party. Like mentioned before, it fell on a night with 2 other banquets going on, but still plenty of race fans and HARF members out there that should have attended. Might be the last one, we'll have to see. Our only purpose in doing the Monte Carlo is to give members an off-season fun event to participate in (like what has been requested by members) & a chance for non-members to attend and join our great club. We have had MANY suggestions on off-season parties to do, and have tried a few, and only our most loyal regulars attend and we lose money on the event. If "HARF's" only real purpose is to save our members money at the ticket gate, that's fine, we will continue to work with all of our local tracks to arrange discounted nights at the races, but as far as "off-season" fun events, we will have to examine the "cost vs. attendance" numbers to determine their usefullness. All i can say is that i had a great time, along with 49 of my closest friends, next is the Banquet, i hope to see you all there, bob black, HARF President.
TSN Motorsports (Offline)
  #9 11/19/12 12:05 PM
Bob,

I am sure you have thought of this but maybe you could schedule this with another big racing event in Indy in the coming years. Maybe with the Thanksgiving Auction, IMIS show, the shows in January. Something that has already pulled the people to Indy for you. Let the other shows do the work of getting the people to the area then take advantage of it.

Also on the IOW page on my phone it does not show this post about the banquet. Does HARF have a facebook page. Those are easy and simple to get quick, free advertising.

Anyways we appreciate everything that HARF does for the sport and if I can help out in anyway please let me know.

Thanks again

Roy Bruce, Jr. X
3 Likes: Jackslash.com, kcarm92, mayor31
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #10 11/19/12 1:02 PM
It shows it on my Droid 4 phone. They do have a website, www.harfonline.org.

Posted via Mobile Device