IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC/MSCS “Haubstadt Hustler” Saturday at TSS
9/14/14, 2:11 PM   #41
Re: USAC/MSCS “Haubstadt Hustler” Saturday at TSS
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
A very enjoyable, albeit very COOL evening at TSS. Those who left early missed a good modified feature. Good to see the nice turnout of fans. Tom Helfrich appears to have hit the formula for success with his current schedule. Hate to see the season end, but April 2015 will be here before you know it!
Ron, unless your talking about your personal "season" ending, the announcer was saying that TSS has two more show's this season, 9/27, and 10/11.
btw, made another stop at Turoni's Pizza, that's some darn good pizza!!

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, luckybuc97, ronmil
9/14/14, 3:55 PM   #42
Flatrightrear

Keith, Turoni's has been the best pizza in town for over forty years. Enjoy!!

2 members like this post: 2fast4u, itsanonwingthing
9/14/14, 8:16 PM   #43
i love dirt track racing

Had a great night of racing at tss.long road trip for us but I have always say one thing is I have never seen a bad show at tss. And last night was great. Thanks Tommy and crew we will be back next year.

6 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, rachasin, racing2bwithu2, rclaridge, ronmil
9/14/14, 8:38 PM   #44
Rpracing1

Man what a night at the ole ball park. With all the big dogs in the house, there was no doubt this was going to be another Classic Haubstadt Hustler. Cool temps...Big Horsepower and a smooth as glass track surface to boot. Nothing unusual there though. Man, as much as I like seeing Clayton running his one-off line around that track, I keep hoping that Cummins will pull of a Big Win! Matter of time. The Madman gave it one huge effort with about five to go , the front end washed out just enough to cost him a chance at the lead. Congrats to the MDC on another TSS HH Trophy and a Big stack of $$$. Is Tom Helfrich becoming a Track Photographer, as I witnessed Tom risking life and limb in the turn four area shooting photos? Nice to see the Gentry Brothers Racing machine do pretty good with Coons at the helm for the first time. By Buddy who missed the bleacher seat with his step and ate a bleacher is Ok today, just a little sore for those who witnessed it in front of the hospitality booth. Survived to see another race........hmmm, howbout Wednesday and Thursday of this week at that grand old lady THAT.,...........itsanonwingthing , Turonis is very good, but next time you need to try Rounders Too Pizza on North Green River Road........Closer to track also.
Last edited by Rpracing1; 9/14/14 at 8:40 PM.

9/15/14, 10:58 AM   #45
jim goerge

Hey guys we have 2 more races this season Sept 27 the Class Track Roundup featureing MSCS Mods and Late Models been awhile since I have seen 3 classes like that togather. Then the big season ending MSCS race The Harvest Cup on Oct 11

1 member likes this post: racegal
9/15/14, 11:05 AM   #46
jim goerge

While Turoni's and Rounders is good pizza they don't compare to Sandy's IMO Plus Sandy's will bring your pizza to the track just tell them which side you're on How can you beat that great pizza and great racing!!!!

2 members like this post: jaybird, rclaridge
9/15/14, 12:19 PM   #47
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsanonwingthing View Post
Ron, unless your talking about your personal "season" ending, the announcer was saying that TSS has two more show's this season, 9/27, and 10/11.
btw, made another stop at Turoni's Pizza, that's some darn good pizza!!
Guess my statement was ambiguous; I consider the season nearing an end with just two races remaining. I intend to attend races well into October. As far as pizza goes, the best I've ever had is Heady's at 4120 N. First Ave. It is primarily a carryout place, but does have a few tables. It is in front of the northside Target store. Open 4:00PM to 2:00AM.
Last edited by ronmil; 9/15/14 at 12:23 PM.

3 members like this post: itsanonwingthing, jaybird, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC/MSCS “Haubstadt Hustler” Saturday at TSS