IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > driver shirts at Gas City
7/11/14, 5:02 PM   #41
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySprintCar View Post
It IS a huge pain to listen to customer complaints thrown from behind the anonymity provided by the online world. But, they are (theoretically, at least) YOUR customers, like it or not.

I've done business long enough to know that a) "customers" are the biggest necessary evil and pain in my butt I've ever ran across and b) without them I wouldn't have a business. So, promoters better just get used to the fact that fans are gonna be the providers of both positive and negative feedback about their tracks. These days, part of their job is to manage that just like they manage hot dog inventory and track prep. It is what it is.

Rudisell from Lawrenceburg has done it better than anyone here in Indiana for several years on this message board as far as I'm concerned.

The ones that don't like it can either a) take their marbles and go home (Miles), b) wither and fall apart (GC?), or c) adapt and adjust ('burg).
Spot on, great post. This entire thread shows how far removed from reality some really are. Ignoring that a policy is not popular with an important client for your business is an effective way to no longer be in business. This issue has the kiss ass club on one side and burn 'em at the stake crowd on the other. The solution probably lies somewhere in the middle. I don't have the financial assets necessary to buy the place and show everyone how it is done, and I won't claim to know everything needed to do that. Burying your head in the sand, "quit bitchin or they'll close" and "if you're so smart buy the place and you run it" are the kind of reactions that result in a product that isn't what the consumer is looking for. It will not improve if areas that need work are not brought to the attention of the promotor. If they want to stay open bad enough, they will listen and put the effort necessary into improving their product.

I must agree that Dave Rudisell does a tremendous job. Listen to your consumers and those that help produce your program, and promote the hell out of it. My only wish would be some more late model shows and a little more promotion of the stock car classes. I know that will be a really popular statement here. Yes, sprints are the horse that pulls the cart in Indiana, but Gas City is a prime example of what happens when support classes are ignored and neglected. Now all they have is sprints, and when you piss off that crowd too...

7/11/14, 6:16 PM   #42
Birdsboro

Race Count This Year: 10
Race Count Last Year: 30

Well pointless post. .selling behind standd now

1 member likes this post: Koonzee
7/11/14, 6:33 PM   #43
Re: driver shirts at Gas City
turn4rob

hey quit your bitchin you could be here in SoCal and get 1 race a month and be lucky if 25 cars show up,but on the bright side you can buy a shirt at he consession stand.
ROB

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, fish, mtek56
7/11/14, 9:02 PM   #44
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdsboro View Post
Well pointless post. .selling behind standd now
Pointless? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this thread had something to do with that decision.

2 members like this post: dirt330, IndySprintCar
7/12/14, 12:51 AM   #45
Re: driver shirts at Gas City
Birdsboro

Race Count This Year: 10
Race Count Last Year: 30

I shoulda worded it different....but yes I agree, I agreed so much that I bought 4 of them(shirts).....plus 2 more in the pits with the 50/50 ticket.......so there!!!!! LOL.I woulda bought a gas city shirt but they didn't have one big enough...

2 members like this post: jim goerge, on_the_edge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > driver shirts at Gas City