IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg question
9/24/18, 8:28 AM   #1
Lawrenceburg question
DWX 9929

Fall Festival is having events at the fairgrounds such as Lineman competition and bull riding. How will that effect races? Rodeo starts at 5:00. How long will that go? I see a problem with parking at least!

9/24/18, 11:40 AM   #2
Sandy Lowe

I believe all of that will be going on in an area southwest of the track (back by the ball diamonds). It may affect parking behind the grandstand, but I’m not certain. I will try to find out more info and let you know.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
9/24/18, 12:24 PM   #3
Re: Lawrenceburg question
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I'll let Sandy give you the details but we've had the motorcycle track and big track run on same night. The Fair, Bikers Poker Runs etc. Parking was never a problem.

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
9/24/18, 12:34 PM   #4
7horse
Banned

Is this race still $10,000 to win?

9/24/18, 12:35 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Yes and normal USAC gate price.

9/24/18, 9:02 PM   #6
minispeed

The city of Lawrencburg said they are Expecting over 30,000 people over the weekend and made, yes made the motorcycle track cancel there event Friday. Parking and camping will be an issue.

9/24/18, 9:20 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

The festival is downtown. There wasn't any event at the motorcycle track scheduled for friday and the Rodeo Rink is next to the pits behind the track. As of Last Saturday there wasn't even a grandstand for it.

They've had this festival for the last several years and the biggest distraction we got from it at the speedway was a free fireworks show downtown and a rock concert behind the motorcycle track..

Even if they were to close off the whole ball field side of the fairground, The Grounds and front parking area are huge.

9/24/18, 9:31 PM   #8
Sandy Lowe

I'm still tracking down all the info but I can guarantee you that there won't be 30,000 people at the fairgrounds Saturday.

A lot of the Lawrenceburg Fall Fest is held in downtown Lawrenceburg Thursday thru Saturday. They have rides, a beer garden, fairway, and several musical acts. Thursday is Battle of the Bands, Friday Walker Hayes and Dwight Yoakum, Saturday is Walker Montgomery and Justin Moore. That is where almost all of the people will be, not at the fairgrounds.

The Lineman Rodeo and bull riding will be southwest of the track by the ball diamonds. They will also be using the parking lot behind the main grandstands. This is the pit area for the motorcycle track which is why they cannot race Friday night.

As far as I know, right now the only thing that will be affected for the USAC race will be that the parking lot behind the main grandstand is unavailable, therefore the turn four admission gate will not be opened.

When I find out more information I will post it.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, chrismattlin
9/24/18, 9:39 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Thank you Sandy. Free Rodeo, Fireworks if you sit in the top far end

9/24/18, 9:40 PM   #10
minispeed

Wrong Chucky they have never had a line man rodeo at the burg! I am pretty sure you don’t need stands for it. The guys are 50 feet in the air!!!
I am not trying to say anything bad about the burg. In fact I think it is ****** for the city to schedule anything at the fairgrounds on dates Dave is putting on a race. IMO Dave and crew are the best we have ever had.
That being said if you want to take the Nungsters advice go right ahead.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg question