IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Early risers
8/22/18, 10:41 PM   #1
Early risers
addictedtodirt

If you are one of those fans who just has to head to the car, under green, with a barn burner of a race going on, do us all a favor and sit in the front row. The rest of us would like to see the race.

And stay seated under green. Don't wait until the racing starts to go get your hot dog.
You had 5 minutes between heats.

8/23/18, 4:05 AM   #2
LocalYokel

Back in the 80's and 90's on the East Coast, they had ushers that made sure the spectators stayed steated during the racing. Not for the other spectators, but to keep people away from the fence when the track was green for saftey issues.
But that was long ago, now I see spectators standing right next to the fence during races not paying any attention.

2 members like this post: davidm, tirespinner
8/23/18, 7:41 AM   #3
chathamracefan

It amazes me when I see this at a big event like Eldora or Knoxville. Presumably people traveled long distances to the race and then they start leaving 1/2 way thru the feature. The cousin to this is the drinks guy that has to come back from the bathroom and climb over folks in the middle of a race multiple times in the night.

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, jim goerge, racenut69, tirespinner
8/23/18, 9:30 AM   #4
addictedtodirt

Didn't Aretha sing a song about this? R E S P E C T

3 members like this post: captrat, jim goerge, racenut69
8/23/18, 9:59 AM   #5
Re: Early risers
racenut69

Don't forget the ones that pull their phones out,as soon as their butt hits the seat.....You or your parents paid for ticket,now watch the damn race!...SMH

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge
8/23/18, 10:05 AM   #6
Re: Early risers
drtrcr86

Even more irritating is the guy or gal sitting in front of me that wants to hold their phone in the air and video the entire race. I'm quick to tell them to pull the damn phone out of my view.

5 members like this post: addictedtodirt, captrat, davidm, jim goerge, racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Early risers