IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Your input
7/25/18, 4:11 AM   #1
Your input
luckybuc97

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 11

Why wouldn't promoter's keep the gates locked till say midnight the day of a special event such as Indiana Sprint Week? I'm not one that is against seat saving but I also don't like the idea of saving your or my seat a week or 3,4 days in advance. Some can't do the whole week and drive 3 to 8 hrs one way and by the time they arrive they find out that their not going to get a decent seat. I don't mean for this to sound like a negative post at all, I'd just like to see what everyone thinks about the idea of the promoters waiting till race day to open the gate to save seats? I know some don't agree with saving at all but that's for another day. Thanks and ya'll enjoy the rest of
ISW, I know I will.

7/25/18, 7:40 AM   #2
Rpracing1

I’m with you 100% Rick. Seats saved day of show only.

7/25/18, 8:19 AM   #3
Re: Your input
jim goerge

Yeah I agree day of show only

5 members like this post: fish, luckybuc97, PJ Wright, racenut69, tirespinner
7/25/18, 9:11 AM   #4
david mitchell
Banned

Policy everywhere should be like Kokomo.Open at certain time and everyone goes in.No tape,blankets,cones,etc.End of story.

7/25/18, 9:46 AM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Same stuff, Different year.
Not sure which track since GC isn't involved now that you can't walk in a hour before race time and get a good seat.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/25/18, 9:59 AM   #6
Andrew S. Quinn

I’ve always had good luck getting a decent seat. Sometimes I had to do some strategic planning to accomplish this.

The saving seats don’t really bother me, but I’ve seen plenty of people save the row in front of them just so they wouldn’t have anyone sitting in front of them which I don’t care for.

I thought Rick that you had racing burnout like me last I heard???

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, luckybuc97, spicoli
7/25/18, 11:01 AM   #7
racenut69

Andrew,
his burnout is fading..We are planning on Haubstadt this weekend!...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
I’ve always had good luck getting a decent seat. Sometimes I had to do some strategic planning to accomplish this.

The saving seats don’t really bother me, but I’ve seen plenty of people save the row in front of them just so they wouldn’t have anyone sitting in front of them which I don’t care for.

I thought Rick that you had racing burnout like me last I heard???

2 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, jim goerge
7/25/18, 11:50 AM   #8
hoosierboy3

I’ve always been opposed to the whole blanket thing. Charge for reserved seating if you want your seat reserved. Have the number on the seat match the number on the ticket. Whose to say someone can’t rip my blanket off my seat when I go get some beer? After all they paid the same “general” admission price that I did.

3 members like this post: sjracer26, spicoli, Wingman
7/25/18, 12:46 PM   #9
badcoupe

Granted I rarely set in the regular stands I don’t believe in saving seats everyone should have the same opportunity to get seats. Gates open when they do and all seats should be available.

4 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, fish, sjracer26, Wingman
7/25/18, 1:27 PM   #10
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

I think marking should be limited to raceday. As far as should the gates be left open in the morning of raceday and allow people to mark there area off or should gates be closed until official opening.. I just want to know the rules of the game so I know how to play them. Let it be common knowledge and don't change policy without stating that you are changing it. I'll adapt.

I think being able to mark your area is essiential; you shouldn't have to stay in your seat for 6 hours just to be able to keep it. I go to most races alone, and that just doesn't work for me that you get up and anyone can take your space no matter how long you've been there (at track) or in that spot. It's general admission but once you've arrived and claimed a piece of real estate it's yours.

Tracks that allow no marking at all, or has a fan base that does not respect this.. I will avoid.

But to cycle back around, tracks that allow marking a day or more in advance of the race, also leave a sour taste in my mouth and I avoid unless the show they put on really makes up for it. But I can see where allowing marking this far advance is a nice perk for the local fans who probably attend regularly. Goods and bads.
Last edited by brsteg; 7/25/18 at 2:03 PM.

3 members like this post: billw, chrismattlin, luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Your input