IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington, Haubstadt help?
7/23/18, 6:13 PM   #1
Bloomington, Haubstadt help?
macngravy

It looks like I will be flying out from upstate NY and going to Bloomington Friday night and Haubstadt on saturday. I've never been to either track. Looking for any info on places to stay (racers discout perhaps), places to eat, best place to sit at each track, any other info would be appreciated, thank you

3 members like this post: jim goerge, racenut69, tirespinner
7/23/18, 7:22 PM   #2
Re: Bloomington, Haubstadt help?
jim goerge

Theres a couple of hotels south of Haubstadt (not sure of any discount) also theres Sandys Pizza they do deliver to the track, theres Haubs steak house right in downtown Haubstadt,theres Hornville Tavern really theres a ton of places close by anything from a burger to some of the best BBQ around at DeWigs butcher shop
Last edited by jim goerge; 7/23/18 at 7:33 PM.

2 members like this post: racenut69, tirespinner
7/23/18, 9:04 PM   #3
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by macngravy View Post
It looks like I will be flying out from upstate NY and going to Bloomington Friday night and Haubstadt on saturday. I've never been to either track. Looking for any info on places to stay (racers discout perhaps), places to eat, best place to sit at each track, any other info would be appreciated, thank you
Bloomington be careful if you sit in the stands, whoever poured the concrete had to be drunk and you will feel drunk trying to walk up and down them.

Haubstadt I prefer sitting on the frontstretch, however many prefer the back to avoid the sunset. Either way not a bad seat and no need to get reserved seating.

Welcome and enjoy!

3 members like this post: jim goerge, racenut69, tirespinner
7/23/18, 9:33 PM   #4
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

The Log Inn is the oldest restaurant in Indiana. Approximately 2 miles from TSS Family style dining
Last edited by mc/rider; 7/23/18 at 9:41 PM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
7/23/18, 9:55 PM   #5
rclaridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
The Log Inn is the oldest restaurant in Indiana. Approximately 2 miles from TSS Family style dining
If you go to Log Inn be advised they do not take credit cards so bring cash.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, mc/rider, tirespinner
7/24/18, 2:42 AM   #6
KingRandomUser

Most of the hotels in Bloomington are on the north side of town. I don't think there is any discounts that I'm aware of. There are a lot of hotels to chose from though.

The Fairfax Inn is a neat little place to eat about 7-10 minutes south of the track on Fairfax Road. Been a long while since I last ate there, but I do remember it was fairly good and large portions. May of changed since then, but it's still nice to promote little places like that in any town. There are also some good local places downtown [Go North on Walnut] near the square too.

As for where to sit, there is both bleachers [most of which is indeed a bit uneven in spots except the last section near turn 4] and hillside blanket/lawn chair seating in the grass areas. Most areas either way are good vantage points of the track depending on your preferences. The earlier you can get there the better though as all places and the parking lot fills up fast. Still plentiful, but will be less hassle.
The only spots that are reserved is the white boxes above the bleachers and the front row parking on the hillside in turn 4 behind the concrete blocks. These are reserved for the season by local fans.

Also, many will tell you this, but be sure to get some ice cream!

7/24/18, 5:34 AM   #7
hoosierhillbilly

The holiday inn express at 41/64 has a special rate. Scroll to the bottom of the tss site and click the link.

http://tristatespeedway.com/index.php

The Hampton inn in Princeton is pretty good. It is about 12 Miles north of the track. Evansville is south and has a lot of hotels and not far either.
Last edited by hoosierhillbilly; 7/24/18 at 5:35 AM.

7/24/18, 5:57 AM   #8
Scooter

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: 50+

You get a extra board width of room for your legs when u get reserved seating at tristate. Worth a couple bucks...

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
7/24/18, 8:59 AM   #9
Rpracing1

In Ft. Branch......
R'z
Sandys Pizza

In Haubstadt.....
Carriage House
Haubs Steak House
Freudenbergs
Dewigs Meats
Nisbet Inn
Hornville Tavern

In Eville.........
Carsons Brewery (No food)
Maidens Brewery and Pub
Turonis Pizza and Brewery
Roca Bar Pizza (North)
Gerst House
Sportsmans
Lakes Metro Deli
Highland Inn
Azzip Pizza
Cork N cleaver
Hacienda (North)
Philly Grill (North)
Bru Burger
Waltons
Comfort
Dapper Pig
Sauced
Franklin Street Pizza Factory
Frontier Tavern
Hornets Nest

2 members like this post: jim goerge, racenut69
7/24/18, 9:11 AM   #10
hilly

Race Count This Year: 4

Just read in the local paper that the fast pitch softball tourney starts Thursday in Btown. 1,800 athletes. Not including their families. I wouldn't count on getting a hotel room in Btown if you're just now looking to book. I would head as far south towards TSS after the race as you can to find a hotel for the night.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington, Haubstadt help?